A blog devoted to the cards I make in my tiny upstairs space. When my sister stays there, she calls it an "artist's garret". I'm not an artist, but am an enthusiastic cardmaker - hence the title "Cardmaker's Garret".
___________________________________________________________________________________________

Wednesday 7 September 2016

Bearing Gifts Three Ways

One of the challenges I often enjoy doing is SCS's Inspiration Challenge.  This week we had to be inspired by an image on designspiration.net.  I chose this image:

It immediately made me think of my SU Bearing Gifts stamp that I haven't used for awhile.  I'm taking part in the SCS Christmas Card Challenge (set yourself a monthly quota and get them done each month so as not to be in a mad rush come November).  I have gotten behind with my quota and am still working on my 10 for August.  Bearing Gifts is the perfect stamp for the August optional theme of Arctic Animals

In the interests of getting my August quota finished, I decided to make three cards with the same stamp.  To make it less boring, I used different layouts and different colouring methods.

Up first is one coloured with Copics, with the image die cut and mounted on an embossed background:


The next one uses coloured pencils.  I stenciled some snowflakes around the bear with Glitter Snow Paste, die cut it into a square, bordered it with dark green, and popped it up on fun foam on a cardbase). 


And finally a very simple one, watercoloured, bordered with red and black, and on a cream cardbase.  I find that PTI's Vintage Cream cs is the closest colour to most watercolour paper so often use it as the cardbase for watercoloured images.


All of them have a bit of glitter on the trim on the bear's hat and along the "ground" to add a touch of sparkle.

Let me know which one is your favourite!






Supplies:
Stamps - SU Bearing Gifts
Ink - Memento Tuxedo Black with the Copics, Hero Arts black with the coloured pencils, Versafine Onyx Black with the watercolours
Paper - white, cream, black, red, and dark green cs; watercolour paper
Size - A2; 4.75" square
Accessories - coloured pencils, watercolour paints, Copic markers, CB embossing folder, Sizzix die cut, Memory Box snowflakes stencil, Aleene's Glitter Snow paste, Quicke glue pen, glitter, fun foam



5 comments:

  1. Three fantastic ways to use your stamp with different colouring mediums, Susan. Great designs for all three ... but I LOVE the one with the embossing paste snowflakes ... so pretty with the textured snowflakes in the background. Hope you are closing in on your quota for August. :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. The 1st one because of the bright coloring...the 2nd one because of the sparkly snowflakes..and then the 3rd one because of your softer watercoloring..all 3 because of your framing.. Really, they are all beautiful Susan. TFS Hugs, Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's so fun to use different techniques on the same stamp. You get entirely different looks and all are awesome! Love the bits of sparkle you've added! This is such a fun stamp!

    ReplyDelete
  4. All are nicely done. I like that you played around & did different versions! I personally get bored making alot of the same thing. If I have to choose I would pick the second card.

    ReplyDelete
  5. All are nicely done. I like that you played around & did different versions! I personally get bored making alot of the same thing. If I have to choose I would pick the second card.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a message! I love hearing from you.