A blog devoted to the cards I make in my tiny upstairs space. When my sister stays there, she calls it an "artist's garret". I'm not an artist, but am an enthusiastic cardmaker - hence the title "Cardmaker's Garret".
___________________________________________________________________________________________

Saturday 14 May 2016

A Snowy Owl

Before I show the next peace dove cards for my friend, I thought I'd post this card I did for this week's SCS Ways to Use It challenge "The Owl and the Pussycat".  In honour of Edward Lear, we were to use an owl or a cat on our card.  I'm behind on my self-imposed monthly Christmas card quota so went with a winter owl image.


I used a scrap of watercolour paper that I'd smeared with an dark blue inkpad. I stamped the image in white and heat embossed in white, then sprinkled with Shabby Blue Frantage and heated from underneath. The Shabby Blue is a mix of white, pale blue, and gold embossing powder.

I framed it with a pierced frame die and popped it up on fun foam.

I'm also adding it to the CAS Mix Up challenge - stamping, heat embossing, and at least one other element of your choice - I have the stamp, the heat embossing of both the white ep on the owl and the Frantage around the owl, and for my other elements, a die cut frame and an ink smeared background.







Supplies:
Stamps: Inkadinkado
Paper: white cs, watercolour paper
Paper Size: A2
Ink: Vivid Inky Blue, Hero Arts Snow White
Accessories: white embossing powder, Stampendous Frantage Shabby Blue embossing enamel, MFT pierced rectangle frame die, fun foam

3 comments:

  1. This is really beautiful Susan. Love the deep blue you got from using your ink pad direct to paper. Gorgeous backdrop for your embossing. Don't forget to link up to CMU. :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Susan - this is beautiful with the blue and embossed splatter! What a great image!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a dramatic card, Susan! I love all that white embossing on the dark blue background! Great frame too!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a message! I love hearing from you.