A blog devoted to the cards I make in my tiny upstairs space. When my sister stays there, she calls it an "artist's garret". I'm not an artist, but am an enthusiastic cardmaker - hence the title "Cardmaker's Garret".
___________________________________________________________________________________________

Tuesday 15 March 2016

CAS Mix-Up Reminder Card

As this month's Featured Designer for Loll's and Bonnie's great new challenge, CAS Mix-Up, I was happy to make a card for the reminder post.  The March challenge is:

http://casmixup.blogspot.ca/2016/03/cas-mix-up-march-challenge.html

For this card, I used the Tim Holtz butterflies stamp, a great Gina K vertical sentiment stamp, sponging with Distress inks and watercolouring with Brushos for the background around the butterflies, and heat embossing.


I stamped and heat embossed the butterflies in gold on coated cs. 

Then I sponged Antique Linen and Old Paper Distress inks around the butterflies to tone down the white of the cs. 

I spritzed carefully  just in certain spots around the butterflies and sprinkled black Brushos on the wet spots.  I used my waterbrush to move it around a bit more.  And yes, it was BLACK Brushos - amazing the colour it came out, perhaps influenced by the Distress inks underneath it.  Whatever it was, I really like how it came out.

I added the butterfly panel to a black cs background with the vertical sentiment stamped and heat embossed in the same gold.  The cardbase is cream cs.

You have until March 24th to join the fun at CAS Mix-Up.


Supplies:
Stamps - Tim Holtz butterflies, Gina K sentiment
Ink - ColorBox Gold, Distress Antique Linen and Old Paper
Paper - PTI Vintage Cream cs, black cs, coated cs
Size - A2
Accessories - Stampendous Pirate Gold embossing powder, black Brushos



3 comments:

  1. Gorgeous watercoloured card Susan! Love the brushos background ... the colours look amazing with the gold embossing. Thanks so much for being our Featured Designer this month at CAS Mix Up! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your blue watercolored background with the gold embossed butterflies! so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW! This is gorgeous, Susan! Love how the background around the elegant butterflies turned out! The Brushos are like magic and always a surprise! We have so enjoyed having you as our Featured Designer this month at CAS Mix Up!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a message! I love hearing from you.