A blog devoted to the cards I make in my tiny upstairs space. When my sister stays there, she calls it an "artist's garret". I'm not an artist, but am an enthusiastic cardmaker - hence the title "Cardmaker's Garret".
___________________________________________________________________________________________

Tuesday 29 March 2016

A Favourite Christmas Carol

This week's Merry Monday challenge is Christmas Carols.  Lori wants to see what our favourite carols are.  Impossible to name just one as I love so many, but one that always makes my top list is "Joy to the World".


I'm trying to use up at least one piece from my UFO box each week.  For those who don't know what "UFO" means for cardmakers, it is an "un-finished object".  I first heard Bonnie Klass of Merry Monday use the term so very appropriate that I'm using a UFO for a Merry Monday card!

Back in December, I decided to make some smooshed Inka Gold backgrounds, not realizing how little Inka Gold you needed to use - I used so much that I ended up with many pieces, several of which ended up in UFO box as they are too lovely to toss.

I stamped my angel and sentiment in black and heat embossed with a sparkly embossing powder.  I bordered it with black and added some silver sequins and sequin stars.

Thanks for dropping by.






Supplies:
Stamps: Inkadinkado angel, PTI sentiment
Paper: mixed media, white, and black cs
Paper Size: 5.25" square
Ink: Versafine Onyx Black
Accessories: blue and silver Inka Gold, silver sequins and sequin stars, sparkly black embossing powder, Lil Inkers stitched square die




9 comments:

  1. Gorgeous card...a work of art!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous Inka background. Beautiful card. I have some of those UFO Inka bg papers too. Thanks for playing along with us this week at Merry Monday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. One of my all time favorite Christmas Carols too Susan. Love your Inka Gold background for your stamped and heat embossed angel. Love your simple framing and sequins. TFS my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a beautiful Inka background, Susan! And I love this angel! What wonderful sparkle! Thanks for sharing this with us at Merry Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your Inka Gold background is gorgeous! And I love the sparkle you've added with the special embossing powder --- so pretty!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful, beautiful card Susan! I just discovered Inka Gold about a month ago, and am absolutely in love with what beautiful backgrounds it makes! And yours is definitely stunning and fits just perfectly with the angel and sentiment! Lovely, lovely card!! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  7. So beautiful! I love the blue, black and white color scheme! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful card. Love the mixed media--wish I could do it. That angel is really a great image. Thanks for sharing. Susie

    ReplyDelete
  9. So pretty, the mixed media background is lovely. Thank you for joining us for Merry Monday.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a message! I love hearing from you.