A blog devoted to the cards I make in my tiny upstairs space. When my sister stays there, she calls it an "artist's garret". I'm not an artist, but am an enthusiastic cardmaker - hence the title "Cardmaker's Garret".
___________________________________________________________________________________________

Tuesday 25 August 2015

Gold and Vanilla

Today's Color Challenge on SCS is gold and vanilla - it immediately said Christmas card to me. And gold is so perfect for stars.  And I hold a Christmas card sale to fund raise for Southlands Therapeutic Riding Society, more commonly called STaRS, so I need some cards with stars on them for the sale. 



I stamped and heated embossed Gorgeous Grunge stamps and a sentiment for my base layer, and did the same with the Christmas Star stamp on a separate piece of cardstock. I fussy cut the star and scored and folded it for dimension. To keep the dimension, I put three layers of foam tape in the centre and two layers in the middle of each point, and then a bit of sookwang tape at the ends of each point.






Supplies:
Stamps: SU Christmas Star and Gorgeous Grunge, Wordsworth sentiment
Paper: Gina K ivory cs
Paper Size: A2
Ink: ColorBox Gold
Accessories: Stampendous detail gold embossing powder, foam tape

3 comments:

  1. So pretty and elegant ... and love the dimension from your large star. Great card Susan! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a beautiful star and lovely background - so pretty in the gold! Julia xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so elegant! What a great idea to use these stamps from the Grunge set and emboss them! A perfect match for this gorgeous star!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a message! I love hearing from you.