A blog devoted to the cards I make in my tiny upstairs space. When my sister stays there, she calls it an "artist's garret". I'm not an artist, but am an enthusiastic cardmaker - hence the title "Cardmaker's Garret".
___________________________________________________________________________________________

Tuesday 20 February 2018

A-Colouring I Will Go

Jingle Belles have a great challenge "A-Coloring We Will Go".  I'm watching lots of the Winter Olympics and, during the sports I'm not that interested in, I work on cards, do my email, fold laundry, etc.  So colouring an image fits right in with all that!


I stamped the image, and then coloured it with Copic markers.  I went over the moon with Wink of Stella (but it doesn't show up in the photo) and over the stars with a Stardust gel pen (they do look sort of sparkly in the photo).

I trimmed it, matted it with rainbow glitter cs, and popped it up with fun foam on a white cardbase.

I'm also posting it on SCS Christmas Card Challenge where the suggested theme for February is Santa and his reindeer.

A few more days of the Olympics to go so I'm planning to colour some more images!





Supplies:
Stamps - Crafty Individuals
Ink - Memento Tuxedo Black
Paper - white cs, rainbow glitter cs
Size - A2
Accessories - Copic markers, Wink of Stella, Stardust gel pen, fun foam



10 comments:

  1. Susan, I love this stamp set. Your colouring is great and such a happy image with all those brightly coloured buildings with Santa flying over

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun and clever card design!!! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun city scape image for easy coloring. I do see your glittery stars. Love your pretty glittery card stock for your framing. Have fun coloring my friend. Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a festive cityscape in rainbow colours, Susan, and your rainbow glitter cardstock is just wonderful. Thanks so much for playing along with my prompt at Jingle Belles.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this row of rainbow houses, Susan! I see you are making the most of your time :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a fun card. Love your row of rainbow homes. xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. looooooooove that amazing colorful city! i love everything about this, actually! WOW! ♥ so pleased you could join our coloring fun at JINGLE BELLES! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love how you've coloured the buildings in lots of different colours...so pretty x

    ReplyDelete
  9. love this...what a fun, happy looking card mf.
    xx Karen

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love that you chose the rainbow glitter frame that echos the Copic colored cityscape, Susan! It's a very pretty and fun holiday card! Enjoy watching the Olympics this weekend! (They're almost over.) Hideko xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a message! I love hearing from you.