A blog devoted to the cards I make in my tiny upstairs space. When my sister stays there, she calls it an "artist's garret". I'm not an artist, but am an enthusiastic cardmaker - hence the title "Cardmaker's Garret".
___________________________________________________________________________________________

Thursday 2 February 2017

Watercoloured Love

February's CAS Watercolour challenge is, very appropriately, "love".


This does not have to be a Valentine - it can be any card with a theme of love.  But I chose to go with a Valentine card.  And I chose to try last month's CAS Watercolour winner's "water stamping technique".  Heather Telford made this beautiful snowflake card by painting on the stamp with a paintbrush and water, stamping it, and then sprinkling brushos on the wet impression of the image.  Here's my heart done the same way:


As Heather pointed out in her blog post, it's tricky to get the right amount of water so I did a couple of practice attempts and then did this one and was pretty happy with the results.

I used two shades of red brushos on watercolour paper.  I left it to dry, then brushed off any stray bits of brushos, and stamped my sentiment.  I backed it with fun foam and then popped it up on a layer of red cs that has very subtle gold shimmer in it.  I added three gold sequins for embellishment.

Please come and visit us at CAS Watercolour to see the rest of the beautiful cards by the Design Team and our Guest Designer, Michelle Lupton.  You have until February 24th to link up your card - please make sure it includes some kind of watercolouring, relates to the theme of "love", and is clean and simple.

I'm also taking my card over to Darnell's playhouse for her NBUS ("never before used stuff") challenge as I'd never used either the heart or the sentiment stamp before.





Supplies:
Stamps - Tim Holtz Heartfelt stamp set
Ink - Archival Jet Black
Paper - white cs, red cs with slight gold shimmer, watercolour paper
Size - A2
Accessories - brilliant red and scarlet brushos, gold sequins, fun foam



13 comments:

  1. Your brushos watercoloured heart is gorgeous Susan. I LOVE this technique and have got to give it a try! Great design with the framing of red. And a beautiful sentiment. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG Susan, I LOVE how your watercoloured Brushos turned out on your sketch heart! I must try your technique soon. I have wanted to try since seeing Heather's beauty. I love the beautiful sentiment, red framing and gold sequins too. TFS my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This heart is simple but I'm sure the technique to get it to look like this isn't that easy Susan and I love the sentiment you have used and the pretty wide red mat and gold sequins. x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love how this turned out Susan...so pretty!
    xx Karen

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is AWESOME, Susan! I'm thinking this is a very tricky technique but you've mastered it! A beautiful Valentine!

    ReplyDelete
  6. wonderful card!! love the design
    cheers
    preety

    ReplyDelete
  7. love this design and the technique is new to me. I will be trying it...looks difficult but doable. Anyway, perfection.

    ReplyDelete
  8. awesome effect with the brushos, I really want to try that technique. You picked the perfect image.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What an incredibly gorgeous card. Need to try that technique. The sentiment is so lovely... fabulous card.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow Susan! This is so CAS and gorgeous and I love that sentiment!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow, what a cool new technique using Brushos to learn about! Thank you! You should be pleased with how your heart turned out and, goodness, that sediment font really fits with the sketchy heart! I love this, Susan!! Thank you so much for playing in my NBUS Challenge #10! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  12. Super beautiful card. I have tried this technique as well, and agree...it is difficult but the results are amazing.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a message! I love hearing from you.