A blog devoted to the cards I make in my tiny upstairs space. When my sister stays there, she calls it an "artist's garret". I'm not an artist, but am an enthusiastic cardmaker - hence the title "Cardmaker's Garret".
___________________________________________________________________________________________

Thursday 9 February 2017

Celebrating Older Women

SCS's Ways to Use It challenge is an odd one this week.  Carla (aka Covington Crafter) discovered that February is "Spunky Old Broads" month so challenged us to make a card celebrating older women.  While I don't like the term "spunky old broads", I do like the idea of celebrating older women.


I love this image of two older women sitting and chatting. As I get older, I find my bonds with my women friends deepening all the time. So I like to think of myself in 20 more years still having wonderful intense conversations with my friends - hopefully we won't be senile, but if we are, this sentiment gives hope to still being friends!

I stamped the image and sentiment in black, and added a bit of colouring with coloured pencils. It looked a bit dull so I added three colours of twine between the image and sentiment for added interest and popped it up with foam tape.

So here's to all the older women I know!  Cheers!






Supplies:
Stamps -  Deep Red women and sentiment
Ink - Ranger Archival Jet Black
Paper - white and black cs
Size - A2
Accessories - coloured pencils; blue, green, and beige twine; foam tape



5 comments:

  1. Great card Susan. Love the image and fun sentiment :) That could be us in twenty ??? years. :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun and fabulous card. Absolutely love the image and the wonderful sentiment x

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cute, fun and hopefully very true. We never want to lose touch with our dear older friends :-) I love how you added the twine too. TFS Susan. Hugs...your older friend, nancy

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this sentiment and this is a perfect card to celebrate "old" friends!

    ReplyDelete
  5. perfect match of sentiment and image, I just love this card :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a message! I love hearing from you.