A blog devoted to the cards I make in my tiny upstairs space. When my sister stays there, she calls it an "artist's garret". I'm not an artist, but am an enthusiastic cardmaker - hence the title "Cardmaker's Garret".
___________________________________________________________________________________________

Tuesday 4 October 2016

Christmas Embossing Two Ways

The October Christmas challenge over at Happy Little Stampers is "embossing".


For my Design Team contribution, I went with a fairly traditional card that has a dry embossed background and a heat-embossed focal image and sentiment.


The poinsettia is heat embossed in gold on red vellum and then fussy cut.  It is layered on the dry embossed background and given some dimension with foam tape under the petals.  The sentiment is heat embossed on a label die and attached with red and gold ribbon.  Gold gemstones carry on the gold colours.

I'm going to enter it into the 52 Christmas Card Throwdown sketch challenge as well.


While I had the stamp and the red vellum out, I made a second card and I'm going to enter it into Happy Little Stampers CAS Challenge "Embossing on Vellum":


The poinsettia is done the same way but embellished in the centre with gold stickles and  set inside a circle die cut frame with a gold heat embossed sentiment.

Happy Little Stampers is offering a prize for the best entry into the challenge.  You have until the end of October to enter a Christmas card that uses some kind of embossing.


Looking forward to seeing what you come up with!






Supplies:
Stamps - SU Joyful Christmas, A Muse sentiments
Ink - ColorBox gold
Paper - white cs, red vellum
Accessories - gold embossing powder, Spellbinders label die, red / gold ribbon, SU Sizzix embossing folder, foam tape, gold gemstones, Nesties circle die, gold Stickles



12 comments:

  1. That red vellum makes gorgeous poinsettias, Susan, especially with the gold embossing! I love the way you've presented both flowers! Both are elegant and special in their own way!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fabulous pair of cards Susan. Poinsettias are so very festive and your designs are so elegant.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fabulous pair of cards Susan. Poinsettias are so very festive and your designs are so elegant.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Both cards are so pretty Susan. LOVE that red vellum. xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Two amazing cards! :) Love it :)
    Thanks for joining us at 52CCT!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a gorgeous poinsettia. They are so Christmassy. Looks perfect against the white.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the gorgeous red vellum poinsettia - so beautiful. I do like the embossed texture on the first card. Both are super. Thanks so much for playing along with 52CCT this week! Deborah, DT.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful cards .... love that gorgeous poinsettia xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful cards .... love that gorgeous poinsettia xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. I assure you I am jumping up and down with glee-love, love, love! Thanks for joining in at HLS CAS!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh, Susan! These cards are very beautiful. I love the contrast of beautiful red poinsettia and embossed background. In the second card I love flower made of red vellum and gold embossing. Great idea
    BożenA xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh, Susan! These cards are very beautiful. I love the contrast of beautiful red poinsettia and embossed background. In the second card I love flower made of red vellum and gold embossing. Great idea
    BożenA xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a message! I love hearing from you.