For my card, I chose die cutting (the teapot), Glossy Accents (on the teapot), and heat embossing (on the sentiment).
I showed the results to Loll Thompson and she suggested using the very dark first pull for die cuts and that's what gave me the idea for this card. Thanks, Loll!
I die cut the dark piece with the PTI teapot die, and cut a second teapot so I could layer it for more substance. I then coated it with Glossy Accents to make it look more like a china teapot. I trimmed the background piece so that I could place the teapot on it as if there was a swirl of lovely blackcurrant tea scent coming out of the spout. With a paintbrush, I added a bit of watered down reinker around the base of the teapot to ground it.
I added a stamped (in dark blue) and heat embossed sentiment, bordered with navy cs, and popped it up on fun foam for dimension.
Please think about getting very messy with some marbling and join us at CAS Mix Up - you have until September 24 to link up.