A blog devoted to the cards I make in my tiny upstairs space. When my sister stays there, she calls it an "artist's garret". I'm not an artist, but am an enthusiastic cardmaker - hence the title "Cardmaker's Garret".
___________________________________________________________________________________________

Sunday 16 July 2017

Brusho'd Butterflies

It's mid-July (yikes, where is the summer going?!!) and I'm here to remind you to enter CAS Watercolour by July 24th.  This month the theme is "butterfly":


I used a new stamp from Carabelle and my brushos.


I stamped and heat embossed the image (it's a negative image) in black on coated cs.  Then I lightly sprinkled yellow and blue brushos over it and spritzed with water - I wanted quite a pastel look with just a bit of the brusho speckling and it worked!

I die cut with an oval, and put fun foam on the back of it.  Then mounted that on a larger black oval that is flat on the card base.

It's going off to a friend whose birthday was on Sunday - I've been so busy lately with travelling, my sister's visit, and my garden that all my birthday cards seem to have to be belated ones!

Speaking of being late, you only have until July 24th to link up your butterfly card at CAS Watercolour - please be sure it is clean and simple, and includes some form of watercolour!





Supplies:
Stamps - Carabelle "Background Papillons", Rubber Stamp Farm sentiment
Ink - Versafine Onyx Black
Paper - coated cs, white and black cs
Size - A2
Accessories - yellow and blue brushos, clear embossing powder, Spellbinders oval dies, fun foam



9 comments:

  1. OMG Susan, I Love your very creative CAS design. Your Brushos worked out so well with your negative stamped butterfly images. Very clever my friend. TFS Hugs...

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow Susan, love the black embossed image of the butterflies over the brusho background. The yellow and blue are the perfect colours to choose.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very artsy and so very effective x

    ReplyDelete
  4. love the contrast of the black with the Brushos...it really brings in the eye to the wonderful focal point...great card.
    xx Karen

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sprinkling yellow and blue brushos over the embossed image worked so beautifully, Susan! I love the color contrast too. Hideko

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very cool image, Susan. Love it stamped in black with the brushos over top. Gorgeous colours. Your friend is going to love this! xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your use of Brushos is so perfect for that awesome stamp! Love your color choices too. This is fantastic, Susan. Now I'll be off hunting that stamp!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You always have such control with the Brushos, Susan! I wish they would behave this well for me! A wonderful artsy card, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is beautiful Susan and a change to see the negative shape of the butterfly with that dark surround, and the Brushos in those soft colours work well. x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a message! I love hearing from you.