A blog devoted to the cards I make in my tiny upstairs space. When my sister stays there, she calls it an "artist's garret". I'm not an artist, but am an enthusiastic cardmaker - hence the title "Cardmaker's Garret".
___________________________________________________________________________________________

Tuesday 2 February 2016

Musically Themed Christmas Cards

Every year, I take part in the Splitcoaststampers' Christmas Card Challenge.  It is a great way of getting lots of my Christmas cards made ahead of time.  You set a monthly quota for yourself and then post the cards you make each month.  There is no deadline so if you get behind, you can catch up another month.  And each month someone proposes an optional theme.  My monthly quota is 10.  January's theme was "music" and I did some of my cards using the theme.  Here are a few of them.

These two have simple gold heat embossed images / sentiments layered over a dry embossed musical score background.




The last two have simple watercoloured images that go with lines from Christmas songs.  Again layered over embossed musical scores.



I have one more that will be posted in a couple of days.  Thanks for stopping by.






Supplies:
Stamps - Deep Red angels, SU sentiment, Whimsey Silent Night, Penny Black images and matching sentiments
Ink - ColorBox Gold, Archival Jet Black
Paper - white, gold, and black cs
Size - A2
Accessories - gold embossing powder, gold star ribbon, Spellbinders sentiment tag, Sizzix label die, gold sequins, foam tape, Kuretake watercolour paints, Cuttlebug and Sizzix embossing folders



1 comment:

  1. All 4 of your musical themed Christmas cards are so beautiful, creative and wonderfully textured using your musical score EB folder. I have not seen that folder before...I LOVE it! TFS Susan.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a message! I love hearing from you.