A blog devoted to the cards I make in my tiny upstairs space. When my sister stays there, she calls it an "artist's garret". I'm not an artist, but am an enthusiastic cardmaker - hence the title "Cardmaker's Garret".
___________________________________________________________________________________________

Sunday 14 June 2015

Merry Monday Tag Two

The Merry Monday Christmas Card Challenge is one of my favourite challenges.  It has really helped me over the years to get a good stash of cards built up by November.  I liked this week's challenge "Tag, You're It!" so much I decided to do a second card for it.

I find tags are a great way to play around with mixed media and I really like the look of them on a card.


A few weeks ago, my friend Christine came over and we made some mixed media backgrounds together.  This is the last piece of one of those backgrounds.  It consisted of blue and green acrylic paints swiped on mixed media cs, then toned down with gesso, torn pieces of text paper layered over it, then some stencilling and embossing paste (in this case a harlequin stencil and clear paste so it doesn't show up much) on top.

I die cut the sentiment out of a scrap of shimmery green cs.  The dove is die cut twice and layered together for extra dimension, then rubbed with versamark and heat embossed once with Frantage Shabby Blue ep, then again with Frantage Chunky White.

The background is sprinkled with both Frantage Shabby Blue and Shabby Green and heated from underneath to add a bit of interest to it.

It's also for my June quota at SCS's Christmas Card Challenge.

Here are the challenge links:

Merry Monday

Splitcoast Stampers' Christmas Card Challenge

Paper: white cs, mixed media cs, shimmery green cs
Card Size: A2
Ink: versamark
Accessories: Tim Holtz Peace on Earth die, Memory Box dove die, green ribbon, green and blue acrylic paint, gesso, Stampendous Frantage (Shabby Green, Shabby Blue, and Chunky White), SU tag punch, harlequin stencil, clear paste, dimensionals

3 comments:

  1. This is a gorgeous tag, Susan! Love all the texture from the mixed media and that beautiful dove! Thanks for sharing with us again at Merry Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome tag card Susan. LOVE you mixed media background ... great texture and great colours! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the color tones on this beautiful card, Susan, and the unbelievable texture you achieved!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a message! I love hearing from you.