A blog devoted to the cards I make in my tiny upstairs space. When my sister stays there, she calls it an "artist's garret". I'm not an artist, but am an enthusiastic cardmaker - hence the title "Cardmaker's Garret".
___________________________________________________________________________________________

Saturday 4 July 2015

My first card for a Design Team!!



I was so thrilled to get my first ever blog up and running a few weeks ago with lots of help from my wonderful (and very generous) friend, Loll Thompson (of Stamping with Loll).  She taught me all the basics and I got a couple of posts done and then my computer died.  I'll be getting a new one soon, but meanwhile I'm using an ancient iPad which is very limited.  So Loll is kindly stepping up again and helping me get this posted and linked to Happy Little Stampers Christmas Challenge.

I'm thrilled to have been chosen to be on the Design Team for the Christmas Card Challenge at Happy Little Stampers.  The theme for July is "tree".




I used a Penny Black stamp called "Twinkling Tree".  I love the way it reminds me of a small tree in my front garden that I decorate with colored lights every Christmas.

I stamped it, then colored in the "lights" with markers, then went over them with Glossy Accents. My "twinkle" word die seemed perfect.  I cut it twice out of dark gold cs and layered them.  I used the same dark gold to border the focal image.

Please come and join us at Happy Little Stampers and add your Christmas tree cards!


I'm going to enter this into two other challenges that are currently running at Happy Little Stampers, this month's Sketch Challenge and the CAS Challenge - Stamping.




Supplies:  Penny Black Twinkling Tree stamp, Tim Holtz word die, white and dark gold cs, markers, Glossy Accents, Ranger Archival Jet Black ink









17 comments:

  1. This is so pretty Susan. LOVE your twinkling lights on your tree. The glossy accents make them shine. So excited to be working with you on the HLS Christmas Design Team!. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Susan, congratulations on SO many new things for you. Love your blog, and it IS a bit scary at first. Pleased that you had some excellent help from our Miss Loll. I think I've seen your work previously, but didn't have a way to tell you how much I enjoyed it. Just became your newest follower, and looking forward to making a new friend. It will be such fun to be on the HLS Christmas Challenge with you. I'm loving this 1st card entry...the lights certainly twinkle so brilliantly on this cute tree. I'd say a hearty WELL DONE on your 1st foray into this fun hobby. I know you'll have such fun, make so many friends, and we'll all get to enjoy your fabulous work. TFS & Hugs too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wondered where you were, Susan! I'm glad to see you could get this fantastic tree posted! Wow! What a wonderful tree it is! I'm so excited that you are part of the HLS family! Thanks for sharing this with us at the CAS challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations on your appointment to the HLS DT Susan! I love your twinkling tree! Thanks for joining us at Happy Little Stampers CAS! Happy to be your latest follower! Hazel xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Susan and welcome to the team. How wonderful you were able to get your blog post done ok. This tree is sensational!! LOVE it. xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a gorgeous twinkly tree Susan and I hope you post a photo of the real thing in your garden come Christmas time. I love how you made the tree twinkle with the glossy accents and it is such a great CAS design. I look forward to working with you and getting to know you on the DT.
    Hugs
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello Susan.. I love this design.. it is so happy and fun! The little pops of color are fantastic...and I can't say enough about glossy accents. I am happy to be able to get to know you! We are going to have so much fun working together. I just became your newest follower

    ReplyDelete
  8. A gorgeous card Susan love your twinkling tree. Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congrats on your DT role at HLS, so happy to have you with us. And what a fab card, that tree has so much movement, and gold paired with the glossy pops of colour is wonderful. Thanks for linking up at the CAS challenge, Anita x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congratulations on so many new adventures for you! Your new blog will be delightful!! The tree with Glossy Accents bulbs is fabulous! It really does twinkle!! ~ Thanks for linking up to the HLS Sketch challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is gorgeous .... what a beautiful tree and a perfect DT piece. Congratulations on joining the HLS family ...... I'm new too!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your card is so beautiful and I love this color!
    Thanks for playing along at Happy Little Stampers Sketch challenge !

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love your inspiration and card Susan! What a great idea - love the glossy accents. Excited to be designing alongside you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a wonderful glance on the challenge! So many colors! Tropical real Christmas tree. Congratulations idea. I'm glad we're on the same team.
    hugs,
    BozenA

    ReplyDelete
  15. Sooooo pretty!! Good luck with puter stuff, it is sooooo frustrating when you have problems!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. hello, what a gorgeous tree, love the colours. Looking forward to working on the DT with you. Gail xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. So lovely and fun card! Love it! /Ã…sa Happy Little Stampers Sketch team

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a message! I love hearing from you.