A blog devoted to the cards I make in my tiny upstairs space. When my sister stays there, she calls it an "artist's garret". I'm not an artist, but am an enthusiastic cardmaker - hence the title "Cardmaker's Garret".
___________________________________________________________________________________________

Saturday 19 August 2017

Sparkle!

A Christmas card for a couple of challenges:

The Christmas Card Throwdown (either heat or dry embossing):


and the Merry Christmas Challenge "Sparkle".

I did dry embossing for the first challenge and, for the second, I used a die cut that says "sparkle" and used shimmer cs and gilding flakes so that the whole card sort of sparkles.


For the ornament, I covered a scrap of cs with double sided tape and added gilding flakes.  Then die cut the ornament.

It's attached to the embossed background (copper shimmer cs) with foam tape and "hung" with silver cord.

The sentiment and the cardbase are silver shimmer cs.

So happy to have another card made for my stash!





Supplies:
Paper - silver and copper shimmer cs, scrap of white cs
Size - A2
Accessories - silver gilding flakes, Spellbinders ornament die, silver cord, W Plus 9 sparkle die, Crafts Too embossing folder, double sided tape



10 comments:

  1. Cute! Thanks for sharing at The Merry Christmas Challenge.
    ~Owner/DT Janis

    ReplyDelete
  2. A beautiful card for your stash indeed! I love the embossing detail on the background and the edge of the bauble too. Thank you for joining us at Christmas Card Throwdown. Gill, DT.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lot of beautiful shine, Susan! I love that gilded ornament! I need to play with gilding flakes again but need to wait until I don't need the fan on!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can just imagine the beautiful shimmer and sparkle on your gorgeous Christmas card, Susan. TFS my friend. Hugs..

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm with Bonnie on the gilding flakes, can't imagine bringing them out with a fan around :) Awesome card love the sparkle from the gilding flakes and the copper card stock.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great sparkle and shine, Susan. Beautiful card! xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful!
    Thank you for sharing with us over at The Merry Christmas Challenge... and best of luck with your entry.

    Mary DT Member for The Merry Christmas Challenge...

    ReplyDelete
  8. The gilding flakes make a very pretty ornament and 'Sparkle' is the perfect sentiment for this card and Christmas.
    Thanks for playing along at Christmas Card Throwdown.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful embossing, and I love the colour of your background, so vibrant. Thank you for joining us at the Christmas Card Throwdown.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a message! I love hearing from you.