A blog devoted to the cards I make in my tiny upstairs space. When my sister stays there, she calls it an "artist's garret". I'm not an artist, but am an enthusiastic cardmaker - hence the title "Cardmaker's Garret".
___________________________________________________________________________________________

Sunday 17 April 2016

Put the Kettle On

My friend Christine (aka calex) was in the UK recently and brought me back a lovely tin of tea - on the outside of the tin, it said "keep calm and carry on", so when I saw this stamp saying "keep calm and put the kettle on", I just had to buy it so that I could use it for a thank you card for her.


Both my background and the small tag were made by sprinking mostly blue and a little bit of red bister on coated cs, then spritzing heavily and letting the colours run, then leaving it to dry on its own.

The larger tag was cut from a piece of aqua blue dp over which I stenciled a tiny script stencil with texture paste.

It's finished off with a scrap of ribbon and a few sequins that were exactly the right colours!

I'm entering it in the CAS Mix Up challenge for April - "stamping + stenciling + your choice". The things I chose from the list for "your choice" are bister and die cutting.  And in the SCS Mix-ability challenge "Nesting Shapes" - to use the same shape twice but in different sizes. I used two different sized tag dies. My mixed media are bister powder and embossing paste.






Stamps: Stampendous "Keep Calm..."
Paper: white cs, coated cs, Little Yellow Bicycle dp
Paper Size: A2
Ink: Staz-on black
Accessories: blue and red bister, ribbon, sequins, Die-namics tag dies, TCS script stencil, texture paste

7 comments:

  1. This is awesome! LOVE that stamp! Great job with the beautiful bister backgrounds ... and love the script stenciling. Thanks so much for sharing with us at CAS Mix Up!

    I'm so far behind on commenting ... I know you have more cards posted that I haven't seen yet (except for a glimpse in my blog roll). I'm looking forward to seeing your other cards, but it might be a few days before I can get through my blog roll. :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love these beautiful blues and the different patterns of paint! Super card, Susan! Thanks for sharing it with us at CAS Mix Up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Susan, I love my card. The Bister and stenciling look so

    ReplyDelete
  4. Christine will Love your beautiful tag card Susan. I love your soft and pretty Bister's backgrounds and stacked tags. Your sentiment is perfect for your friend too. TFS my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful shades of blue. I love the keep calm stamp.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a message! I love hearing from you.