A blog devoted to the cards I make in my tiny upstairs space. When my sister stays there, she calls it an "artist's garret". I'm not an artist, but am an enthusiastic cardmaker - hence the title "Cardmaker's Garret".
___________________________________________________________________________________________

Friday 25 September 2015

Mixed Media Friends

The latest Mixed Media Card Challenge is "Friendship" - the perfect opportunity to ink up two new stamps I recently bought from Deep Red.




I stamped in black the image of the two elderly women with my MISTI (good thing too as it took two tries to get a good impression).  Stamped the sentiment (that I just love - perfect for my best friend and me as we approach our 65 birthdays!) in navy blue for a bit of contrast to the black.  I lightly coloured the women with coloured pencils - I didn't want strong solid colours so used a very light hand.

I masked off the image and sentiment, and used a brick stencil with texture paste to create an arch around the edge.  It looked kind of blah just in white but I didn't want it to look heavy so sprinkled on some rust Perfect Pearls just to give it a bit of random colour.

Yesterday's SCS Ways to Use It challenge is "Punctuation" - I realized that this sentiment stamp has 4 apostrophes and an ellipsis so it is perfect for that challenge too.






Supplies:
Stamps: Deep Red women and sentiment
Paper: PTI Vintage Cream cs
Paper Size: A2
Ink: Archival Jet Black and Cobalt Blue
Accessories: Tim Holtz Bricked stencil, Ranger Texture Paste, rust Perfect Pearls, foam tape, coloured pencils

4 comments:

  1. Hehe, fun image and great sentiment! Thanks for playing along at the Mixed Media Card Challenge :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this image and sentiment! The bricks look awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great design! love the image and sentiment (!) how true!! and the brick embossed background looks great! thanks for playing with us at the Mixed Media Card Challenge Susan! Julia xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a message! I love hearing from you.