A blog devoted to the cards I make in my tiny upstairs space. When my sister stays there, she calls it an "artist's garret". I'm not an artist, but am an enthusiastic cardmaker - hence the title "Cardmaker's Garret".
___________________________________________________________________________________________

Thursday 10 September 2015

Flying Reindeer

This week's Winter Wonderland Christmas card challenge is to have the sentiment be the main focal point on the card.  I have several wonderful Kay Foley sentiment stamps so chose one of those and made this card.


One of my goals in 2015 was to make one card every week with some dp on it as I really need to use up some of my paper stash!  I haven't managed to do one every week as I much prefer using all the interesting new background techniques involving stencils, inks, brushos, etc.  But I got one done this week as the sentiment I was using made me think of some dp I had with flying reindeer on it that would go perfectly with one of the lines in the sentiment.  

Thanks for dropping by to look!


Supplies:
Stamps - Kay Foley
Ink - ColorBox Scarlet
Paper - white cs, red glitter cs, Loisirs Harmonie dp
Accessories - detail embossing powder, Nesties oval die,  Sissix Fancy Label die, foam tape

2 comments:

  1. I had never seen this sentiment before and I think it's fantastic! We all need to believe in the magic of Christmas. Love this reindeer paper and it's a perfect match to the sentiment! In answer to how many bird stamps we need? At least one of each bird and probably as many as butterfly stamps. At least that's my story and I'm sticking to it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for confirming that I really should buy that set with the bird you just used!! I need a few more birds to catch up with the butterflies! And thanks for the kind comments you've left recently.

      Delete

Thanks for leaving me a message! I love hearing from you.