A blog devoted to the cards I make in my tiny upstairs space. When my sister stays there, she calls it an "artist's garret". I'm not an artist, but am an enthusiastic cardmaker - hence the title "Cardmaker's Garret".
___________________________________________________________________________________________

Wednesday 12 September 2018

Watercoloured with Markers

For the September CAS Mix Up challenge:



I put a Penny Black stamp into my MISTI, inked up with Distress markers and spritzed lightly, repeating till I was happy.  When it was dry, I stamped the sentiment with one of the matching inks, and then with Antique Linen, sponged the edges softly.

I popped the panel up on fun foam on a green card base, and added green twine to the right side.

For CAS Mix Up, it has stamping with an ink pad, stamping with markers, sponging, and twine.





Supplies:
Stamps - Penny Black Effulgence, Rosie's Roadshow sentiment
Ink - Distress Peeled Paint and Antique Linen
Paper - hot press watercolour paper, Bazzill green linen cs
Size - A2
Accessories - Distress markers (Peeled Paint, Squeezed Lemonade, and Wild Honey), fun foam, green twine



9 comments:

  1. The perfect stamp for this technique and your card is beautiful. Wonderful colours and love the sentiment stamped in the green and the Green background layer card makes your pretty flowers stand out even more x.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So pretty and beautifully stamped. Love the dreamy effect from the soft sponging. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pretty wildflowers, Susan! Love the bit of sponging around the edges and the twine and matching green card base.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful design Susan. Love the organic looks of the flowers. So pretty on the green card base with matching twine! xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. You did a fabulous job with that technique, Susan. Love the stamp too as well as the fact that your twine matches your card base so perfectly! Great card for the challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this card, Susan!
    You did a fantastic job with the inking with markers technique! The blend of the inks is so beautiful and the vertical design is well coordinated. The matching color green twine is the perfect finishing touch.
    Hideko xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. SO pretty in the light watery yellow Susan! love the vertical text and twine and the great texture of the green card base! Julia xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your green card base for your pretty marker inked flower with softly colored sponging, Susan. So pleased you joined us at CAS Mix Up, my friend. Hugs..

    ReplyDelete
  9. WOW :O
    This card is extra special Susan, loving the perfect intensity of colours in those beautiful blooms.
    The green card base and string to match give an elegance I adore. xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a message! I love hearing from you.