A blog devoted to the cards I make in my tiny upstairs space. When my sister stays there, she calls it an "artist's garret". I'm not an artist, but am an enthusiastic cardmaker - hence the title "Cardmaker's Garret".
___________________________________________________________________________________________

Tuesday 25 September 2018

Snowflakes and a Gift Card Holder

Posting for a couple of challenges today:

Jingle Belles "Let It Snow"

ABC Christmas Challenge "S is for Snow"

A friend asked if I could make some small cards for her with gift card holders inside so I came up with this design for one of them.

Here's the outside:


I made a background with a TH snowflake stencil. I took Broken China ink, smooshed it on my craft mat, and mixed in some embossing paste and went over the stencil with it.

I die cut "snow" out of blue glitter cs, and bordered the stenciled panel with the same.

I added a single gemstone to the largest snowflake.


And here's the inside, showing the gift card holder:


For the inside, I made the gift card holder out of a snowflake dp to match the theme of the card, added a little stamped and die cut label to it, and stamped "to" and "from" on the other side.

I have a package of little envelopes that would just hold cards this size so I might make a bunch of them for both my friend and to sell at my fundraiser.
 
I'm also adding it to The Merry Christmas Challenge "Anything Goes".





Supplies:
Stamps - SU "A Gift for You", Rubber Stampede "To / From"
Ink - Distress Tumbled Glass
Paper - PTI Vintage Cream cs, blue glitter cs, American Crafts dp
Size - 3.5" square
Accessories - Simon Says Stamp snow word die, blue gemstone, Tim Holtz snowflake stencil, embossing paste, Simon Says Stamp gift card envelope die, Spellbinders scalloped oval die



11 comments:

  1. great card, I love the little gift envelope inside.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pretty snowflakes, Susan! I love the pale blue color. Attaching a matching gift card holder inside is a great idea. Good luck with your fundraiser!
    Hideko xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. So pretty!! LOVE the idea of adding that sweet gift holder to the inside. Great design. I think these would be very popular at your Christmas card sale!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. She'll be thrilled with your design. I love all the shimmer!

    Thanks for sharing with us at The Merry Christmas Challenge Blog!

    Evelyn
    http://mylittlecraftblog.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your friend will be very happy with this gift card holder as it's a wonderful design, Susan! Love those dimensional snowflakes!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful snowflakes card in blue! Love all the sparkle and shine! The matching envie for the gift card is brilliant! I usually just stick mine to the inside with a glue dot... 😂

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am lovin' those stenciled snowflakes ... such a lovely color ... so very glad you shared your SNOW with us at Jingle Belles.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous card Susan :-) the stencilled snowflakes are fabulous and I love that it has a gift card inside, perfect!! :-)

    Thanks for joining us on the ABC Christmas Challenge 🎄
    Luv
    Lols x x x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a lovely Christmas card, Susan, beautiful snowflakes. Thank you for playing along with our challenge at ABC Christmas Challenge. We would love to see you again.
    Dorte x

    ReplyDelete
  10. what a beautiful & elegant card! such a cool addition to our "let it snow" gallery at JINGLE BELLES! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful clean and simple card! :) Thanks for joining us at the Merry Christmas Challenge! I hope you will join us again and good luck!

    Jess - DT
    www.freshbyjess.ca

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a message! I love hearing from you.