A blog devoted to the cards I make in my tiny upstairs space. When my sister stays there, she calls it an "artist's garret". I'm not an artist, but am an enthusiastic cardmaker - hence the title "Cardmaker's Garret".
___________________________________________________________________________________________

Sunday 23 September 2018

Red, Glitter, and Green

I love tic tac toe challenges and this one from 4 Crafty Chicks lent itself perfectly to a Christmas card.


I chose the left hand vertical column - red, glitter, green.

I've been having fun making some encrusted jewel pieces.  I die cut the tree from thin chipboard, then placed it on a warm grill on top of a layer of non-stick craft mat then parchment paper.  I sprinkled it with green embossing powder.  Once it had melted, I added multi-coloured chunky glitter pieces on top.  The melted embossing powders holds the glitter in place.  To finish it off, I melted UTEE (Ultra Thick Embossing Enamel) on top.  I then die cut the tree from fun foam and attached it immediately to the encrusted jewel tree to give it a bit more body so that it wouldn't bend and crack.

It was incredibly hard to photograph and get the sparkle to show up in the photo but here are a couple of close-ups to hopefully show the chunky multi-coloured glitter on the tree:



I added the tree to a small panel with a red stamped sentiment and put that on a red card base.






Supplies:
Stamps - Rosie's Roadshow sentiment
Ink - SU Real Red
Paper - white and red cs, light weight chipboard
Size - 4x5.25"
Accessories - Spellbinders tree die, green embossing powder, chunky glitter, UTEE, fun foam



6 comments:

  1. Beautiful Susan, the glitter makes the tree sparkle and shine.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a beautiful Christmas tree, Susan! Love those glittery "ornaments"!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So unique and absolutely stunning. Glorious effect and love the layering of the embossing powders. Fabulous card x.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a gorgeous tree! I must do this again after seeing your fabulous card, Susan! Love the chunky glitter you added to this too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVE the glittery tree Susan. It's so sparkly, shiny and beautiful. You can really see the thickness from the layers of embossing powder, glitter and UTEE. Looks gorgeous with the red card base. xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMGosh this is so very pretty thanks for playing our twist challenge at 4 Crafty Chicks. Love it, great job.

    Leanne DT/4CC

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a message! I love hearing from you.