A blog devoted to the cards I make in my tiny upstairs space. When my sister stays there, she calls it an "artist's garret". I'm not an artist, but am an enthusiastic cardmaker - hence the title "Cardmaker's Garret".
___________________________________________________________________________________________

Saturday 1 September 2018

Dragonfly with a Stencil

Sneaking in under the wire for the AAA Cards challenge:


I used my favourite paste (Dreamweavers Pearlescent) with a stencil my kind friend Loll Thompson made for me on her Silhouette.


I was playing around with splashing some Distress Oxide inks and made a panel in pretty shades of blue with a touch of violet.  I die cut the dragonfly from it and set it on the stenciled panel and popped it up with fun foam.

The Dreamweavers Pearlescent Paste has a lovely creamy shimmer that changes in different lights.  Here's a close-up:


It's hard to believe it's September 1st - where has the summer gone?  I will be back a lot in the next few weeks with Christmas cards, hoping to get ahead in building my stash ready for my sale in November.





Supplies:
Stamps - SU sentiment
Ink - Distress Oxide Salty Ocean, Wilted Violet, Shaded Lilac, Peacock Feathers
Paper - white cs
Size - A2
Accessories - Local King dragonfly die, stencil made on a Silhouette, Dreamweaver Pearlescent Paste, fun foam



10 comments:

  1. Wow to that stunning dragonfly die cut and wow to that elegant and shimmery stencilling. Fabulous card Susan X

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous background. Love the shine. Thank you for sharing with us at AAA Cards. =) Tracie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous dragonfly - such delicate colours. Thanks for playing along at AAA Cards

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh that stencil is so beautiful sand I love the soft sheen of that embossing paste. Thanks for playing at AAA Cards.

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVE the shimmer and shine of the pearlescent paste, Susan. Beautiful with the pretty splashed dragonfly on top. Your card is gorgeous and elegant. Looking forward to seeing more of your Christmas cards in the next few months. xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous pearlescent paste leaves for your background, Susan. Your DOX dragonfly is so pretty too. TFS the close up of all the shine from the paste. A really stunning card, my friend. I can't wait for more of your inspiring Christmas cards too. Hugs...

    ReplyDelete
  7. I didn't even realize there was such a thing as pearlescent modeling paste but it sure looks gorgeous behind your wonderful dragonfly. Love your use of color on your dragonfly. Love all the shine on this too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What an elegant stenciled background, Susan! It's so perfect for this gorgeous dragonfly!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful card. Oh I love that pearlescent paste stencilled background! After the retreat, I immediately bought it. xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Mmmm, this makes me smile, Susan. I adore dragonflies and I am in love with this beauty! And your shimmering background is divine!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a message! I love hearing from you.