A blog devoted to the cards I make in my tiny upstairs space. When my sister stays there, she calls it an "artist's garret". I'm not an artist, but am an enthusiastic cardmaker - hence the title "Cardmaker's Garret".
___________________________________________________________________________________________

Tuesday 18 September 2018

An Iris for the Flower Challenge


I love irises and this month's Flower Challenge is "Anything Goes" so I went with an iris.

Here's my card:


I die cut the iris out of watercolour paper and painted it with my Gansai Tambi paints.

I pulled a pale background out of my UFO box (a very late pull of a shaving foam background on coated cs). I glued the bottom of the iris stems down and popped the iris flower and bud up with foam tape.

I die cut the frame and put it on top using foam tape all the way around it. Added lots of sequins for embellishment.

Here's a closer look showing the dimension of the iris and the frame created by the foam tape behind them:


Thanks for dropping by today!





Supplies:
Paper - white cs, coated cs, watercolour paper
Size - A2
Accessories - Penny Black iris die, Gansai Tambi watercolour paints, foam tape, Lil Inker stitched rectangle, Spellbinders deckle edge rectangle, sequins



9 comments:

  1. What lovely coloring on your sweet iris Susan! Great sparkle added with your sequins on that beautiful blue wash background!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card and colouring, Susan. Love the frame and that gorgeous wash background. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beauticul card Susan. Love the blue iris and soft blue background. Great photos that really so all the details, including the dimension from the foam. xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW! Love this one. Your watercoloring is so well done. Love the way you were able to blend from the yellow centers into the blue and did it so well. This is gorgeous, Susan!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow this is so beautiful and gentle. The shaving foam background is delicate and the iris is fabulous x.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this blue iris and how you've made it look like a shaker card! Pretty frame!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautifully watercolored iris, Susan! I love the subtleness of the shaving cream background and the dimension of the the popped-up iris and frame! The matching sequins are a nice finishing touch. Hideko xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. beautiful Susan, I love that shaving foam background. It's the perfect background your pretty Iris.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh Susan, I this die is so beautiful and the way you colored it really brought it to life. Love the soft effect of the shaving cream as the background for this lovely and delicate flower that you framed beautifully.
    Thank you for playing along with us at THE FLOWER CHALLENGE, hope you play again soon.
    Hugs.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a message! I love hearing from you.