A blog devoted to the cards I make in my tiny upstairs space. When my sister stays there, she calls it an "artist's garret". I'm not an artist, but am an enthusiastic cardmaker - hence the title "Cardmaker's Garret".
___________________________________________________________________________________________

Wednesday 18 July 2018

Gold Poinsettia

A card for three challenges:


The poinsettia is stamped and heat embossed in gold on gold vellum, and fussy cut twice, using a smaller section of it for the top layer.

I embossed a Spellbinders Decorative Elements frame die onto a square of white shimmer cs. I taped the poinsettia in the centre of it, using little bits of foam tape to pop up sections for dimension.

For the card base, I used a gold shimmer cs that matches the gold vellum. And embellished with little gold shimmer stickers in the centre of the poinsettia.


Splitcoast Stampers: Die Embossing

CAS Christmas:  Poinsettia

The Flower Challenge: Monochrome





Supplies:
Stamps - Penny Black poinsettia
Ink - ColorBox gold
Paper - gold vellum, gold and white shimmer cs
Size - 5.5" square
Accessories - Spellbinders Decorative Elements frame die, gold embossing powder, Starform gold sparkle stick-ons, foam tape



10 comments:

  1. The embossing of the frame draws your eyes right into the wonderful and so very beautiful gold poinsettia. Love how you've used the gold vellum and what a fabulous card Susan x.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous gold poinsettia, Susan. Love the popped up dimension. Classy Christmas card. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. All this gorgeous gold makes for a very elegant Christmas card Susan. Love the layered poinsettia ... gives lots of dimension and movement. And the pretty embossed frame looks perfect with the shimmery card stock. xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooh, la la, Susan, you must be keeping that stunning beauty in a vault at the bank! It is the schparkliest schparkle I've every seen and I love it!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  5. OH is this ever beautiful! I love the gold and the gorgeous embossed frame you created. I'm fond of nontraditional colors for Christmas cards and this one is fabulous. Love your the backdrop for your photography too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Another beautiful poinsettia, Susan! Love the elegance of all that gold!

    ReplyDelete
  7. the gold velum looks beautiful against the white shimmery card. the embossed detail is perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my, Susan, your gold vellum fussy cut poinsettias are gorgeous with the embossed die cut beautiful white frame and gold frame. A Really Stunning Christmas card, my friend. I have yet to try the dry embossing with a die technique. TFS and always inspiring me. Hugs...

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow your gold poinsettia is gorgeous, as is the whole card. Love how you embossed the die on the shimmery card.

    ReplyDelete
  10. The gold vellum is gorgeous, Susan, and looks wonderful with all the shimmer. Thanks for sharing your card with us at The Flower Challenge.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a message! I love hearing from you.