A blog devoted to the cards I make in my tiny upstairs space. When my sister stays there, she calls it an "artist's garret". I'm not an artist, but am an enthusiastic cardmaker - hence the title "Cardmaker's Garret".
___________________________________________________________________________________________

Monday 9 July 2018

Congratulations, Paper Players!

The Paper Players are celebrating their 400th challenge!  And they are asking for a card that celebrates something such as a birthday, anniversary, etc.


I need a few birthday cards over the summer, and I felt like doing something a bit less CAS, so came up with this:


I found a very pale background in my background box that was probably a mopping-up of leftover ink from some mauve and blue smooshing.  I stamped some text, plant sprig, butterflies, and sentiment on it.  Added a thin navy border and mounted it on a coloured card base (I've been trying to use up some coloured cs so my last three cards have all had coloured card bases!). 

It felt like I was on a roll with a kind of collage design so I decided to go all out and added some sticky Design Adhesives that have been sitting in a drawer for years, one with a dark blue glitter sprinkled on it and the other with mauve glitter.  It needed a bit of dimension so I punched out three little butterflies out of vellum and added them, each with a gemstone!

It's heading off to a friend who loves blues and purples and also glitter!





Supplies:
Stamps - Inkadinkado text stamp, SU sentiment, Stampendous Silhouette Sprig, unknown butterfly trio
Ink - Memento Paris Dusk, Cottage Ivy, and Grape Jelly
Paper - mixed media, navy, and blue cs, scrap of vellum
Size - A2
Accessories - ClearSnap Design Adhesives, butterfly punch, mauve and purple glitter, gemstones



10 comments:

  1. Such a sweet summery card! I like the layering of stamps you've used - the hint of smooshing really links the colours so well. Thanks for joining in with the 400th Challenge celebration at The Paper Players.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely color, depth and texture, Susan! I love finding those mop ups in the background box. So much you can do with them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. beautiful background with just a hint of colour. your glittery stickers are perfect for a touch of dimension and bling :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love all your mixed media layering, Susan and your color combo. So fun using treasures from our stashes. Your girlfriend will love your card. TFS Hugs..

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your soft background with the script on it. This is beautifully designed, Susan. I particularly like the blue bling brought out into the framing. I'd never think to do something like that. Great use of some of your stash too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very pretty non-CAS Mixed Media card. Love the colours and script background. xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the mixing of the medias on your beautiful card. Great background layering effect and the bling looks great x.

    ReplyDelete
  8. So pretty. Love the soft watercoloured background with the script stamping. The glittery flourish and butterflies are so pretty Susan. Good for you for using coloured card stock for the base. We have too much of that sitting around! :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love your collage-y card, Susan! Your added extra touches work perfectly for schparkle and movement!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a BEAUTIFUL card Susan, and to think it all started with a background of "mop up"!! The additions are so pretty and I'm loving all the sparkle and the colored card base too. Lovely, lovely card!! :0)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a message! I love hearing from you.