A blog devoted to the cards I make in my tiny upstairs space. When my sister stays there, she calls it an "artist's garret". I'm not an artist, but am an enthusiastic cardmaker - hence the title "Cardmaker's Garret".
___________________________________________________________________________________________

Saturday 31 March 2018

Poinsettia Frame

For Christmas Cards All Year Round, the challenge is to use flowers.  I made this card:


I stamped the poinsettia / frame image with the sentiment in the middle of it. I then coloured the poinsettias and pine cones with Copics, and went over the pine needles with a green metallic gel pen, and filled in the outer narrow frame and the inner narrow oval frame with a silver gel pen. I bordered it with green shimmer cs and mounted it on a white card base.

I have a few friends who ask me to do quite religious Christmas cards for them to buy at my fundraiser so this is a good design for them.

Thanks for dropping by!





Supplies:
Stamps - Gina K Festive Frame image and sentiment
Ink - Memento Tuxedo Black
Paper - green shimmer and white cs
Size - A2
Accessories - Copics, silver gel pen, green metallic gel pen, gold and clear gemstones



5 comments:

  1. Susan, such a beautiful frame with the poinsettia, so versatile :) beautiful colouring and really pops with the red>

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful Copic coloring of the poinsettias and pine cones, Susan! The green and silver metallic gel pen coloring, the shimmer cs frame, and the gem stones are all gorgeous and create a festive feeling! Hideko xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful frame for the bible quote, Susan. Great colouring .. the red really pops. xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a wonderful Christmas card, Susan! Love the message and the beautiful poinsettias!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You really are the Queen of making glorious Christmas cards and this is another wonderful example x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a message! I love hearing from you.