A blog devoted to the cards I make in my tiny upstairs space. When my sister stays there, she calls it an "artist's garret". I'm not an artist, but am an enthusiastic cardmaker - hence the title "Cardmaker's Garret".
___________________________________________________________________________________________

Friday 16 February 2018

Straight from the Heart Friend

Time to remind you that you only have until February 24th to link up your CAS Watercolour cards.


Even though it's February, the theme "heart" need not refer to Valentine's Day.  For my reminder card, I made a friendship card for my best friend:


She truly is a wonderful friend who's seen me through my best and worst times, even to the point of taking time off work and flying 3,000 mil es with me when my mother passed away two years ago so that I wouldn't be on my own.  So this Kay Foley sentiment stamp is perfect for a card for her.  I sent it to her for Valentine's Day, with a Happy Valentine's Day sentiment stamped inside it - I firmly believe we should celebrate more than just our spouses or partners on Valentine's Day.

Blue is my friend's favourite colour (one of the many things we have in common) so I did a blue background by sprinkling blue Brushos on Yupo and spritzing with water.  I got some nice puddling, and then sprinkled a bit more to get some grains of Brusho that didn't dissolve.  I then let it air dry.

I stamped a wonderful Kay Foley friendship sentiment that has the word "heart" in it, using black Staz-on as I wasn't sure if it would smudge on the Yupo.  I trimmed it down with a stitched rectangle.

I used a cream shimmer cs for the card base and also to die cut a few tiny hearts and a fleur de lis border.  It's fancier (or maybe just more feminine) than most of the cards I make these days but I think that suits a Valentine.

We'd love to see your heart-themed watercolour cards but please be sure to keep them clean and simple!

Exciting News!!!
Starting March 3rd, 2018
 
 
Loll and Bonnie who run the CAS Mix Up and CAS Watercolour challenges are starting a new challenge - CAS Christmas!  Be sure to check back on March 3rd for the first challenge and participate to get those Christmas cards made throughout the year!





Supplies:
Stamps - Kay Foley
Ink - StazOn Jet Black
Paper - Yupo, cream shimmer cs
Size - A2
Accessories - blue brushos, Lil Inker stitched rectangle die, Spellbinders Fleur de Lis rectangle die, little hearts out of another die cut



8 comments:

  1. Pretty blue Brushos background for your beautiful quote, my friend. Such a pretty frame, so perfect for a Valentine Card. Your forever best friend will treasure her card made with so much love. TFS your card and all your details, Susan. Hugs...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous card for your BFF, Susan! I'm sure this card made her feel very special. What a kind and wonderful friend ... you and her! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sweet card for your sweet BFF. She will love it. xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful sentiment and so perfect for a special friend! Love that background! I've never tried a water product on Yupo! It gives a lovely look! The frame is gorgeous and the little heart fits in the sentiment perfectly!

    ReplyDelete
  5. what a wonderful sentiment for a wonderful friend. Susan this is such a beautiful card, I'm sure your friend will cherish this card for many years to come :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can feel your love for your best friend, Susan! The beautiful sentiment is the main player of the card, and the blue Brusho background and the Fleur de Lis die frame are quietly and effectively working behind. Your friend will really appreciate this card and your friendship. Hideko xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love how you used this wonderful, heartfelt sentiment Susan...looks great and sure she will feel the love.
    xx Karen

    ReplyDelete
  8. Susan this is the most thoughtful and perfect card for your very special friend x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a message! I love hearing from you.