A blog devoted to the cards I make in my tiny upstairs space. When my sister stays there, she calls it an "artist's garret". I'm not an artist, but am an enthusiastic cardmaker - hence the title "Cardmaker's Garret".
___________________________________________________________________________________________

Wednesday 10 January 2018

Purple Birthday

I have a friend who loves purple so when I saw the new Less is More challenge, I decided it was the perfect prompt to get her birthday card made.

Here's my card:


I did a smooshed background with Oxide inks on mixed media cs, then trimmed it down with a stitched rectangle die.

I die cut the flower twice - once out of white cs and once out of purple, and also die cut the sentiment out of the purple.  I glued the white outline flower down and then used just the internal bits from the purple die cut and inlaid them into the white.

It's popped up on a bit of fun foam for dimension.

Because I used water to dilute the Oxide inks for the smooshing, I'm also adding it to CAS Watercolour where this month's theme is birthday.





Supplies:
Ink - Distress Oxide Wilted Violet, Faded Jeans, Seedless Preserves
Paper - white and purple cs, mixed media
Size - A2
Accessories - Memory Box Darling Poppies die, Lil Inkers Stitched rectangle die, Tattered Lace Happy Birthday die, fun foam



9 comments:

  1. I love how the white outline of the flowers makes the rich petals look even richer! And a beautiful background! Love all that purple!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The most striking thing about your card is that absolutely gorgeous you created in your background, complimenting your die cuts so perfectly! Beautifully done!

    ReplyDelete
  3. love the purples and the water effect on the lower portion of the card. your die cut is so pretty with the white outline :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your soft textured background using the smooshing technique and your DOX's. Your pretty purple die cut flowers are perfect with your background. TFS Susan. Hugs..

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your background is gorgeous in the shades of purple. Your beautiful deep purple and white flowers just pop! Your friend is going to love this card. xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a pretty card and fab tones

    Kathyk

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the purple smooshing, and the deeper colors of the inlaid flower go beautifully together. Your friend will be very pleased to receive this pretty birthday card. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  8. Been fighting the flu, so a little late omnenting. Beautiful card, Susan! The inlaid flowers are so pretty against that gorgeous smooshed background. Your friend is going to love it. Thank you for joining us at Less is More.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Superb smooshing Susan! There is such depth in that beautiful panel and it shows those cool blooms off so well. Thank you so much for sharing this with us at Less is More xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a message! I love hearing from you.