A blog devoted to the cards I make in my tiny upstairs space. When my sister stays there, she calls it an "artist's garret". I'm not an artist, but am an enthusiastic cardmaker - hence the title "Cardmaker's Garret".
___________________________________________________________________________________________

Monday 20 November 2017

Blue and Silver

I love the current Color Throwdown - light blue, dark blue, and silver:


Just love these colours together!  Here's my card:


I made a background with two shades of Oxide blue inks and one darker Distress blue.  I put the ink down on my craft sheet, spritzed with water, and splashed my watercolour paper into it, drying between layers.

I die cut the deer and trees twice - once out of silver glitter cs and once out of scrap white cs, gluing the two together for more dimension. 

I left it without a sentiment as I didn't want to clutter it up.  The sentiment is on the inside.

Thanks for stopping by!




Supplies:
Ink - Distress Oxide blue inks, Distress Chipped Sapphire
Paper - watercolour paper, white cs, silver glitter cs
Size - A2
Accessories - Ali Express tree and deer die, fun foam



9 comments:

  1. You did a beautiful job on that background, Susan with the splash technique. Your glittery die cuts look gorgeous on this! I often do cards without a sentiment on the front too. This is such a pretty card.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing background. Great job with the DOx inks. Love the glitter. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fun background for this silvery scene!! So happy you joined us at CTD!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is simple but SO beautiful! Thanks so much for sharing with us at the Color Throwdown!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this die, Susan! It's so pretty cut from the silver glitter with the gorgeous background!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Pretty background Susan. This is totally your colours! :) Love the sweet die cut from glitter paper! xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. gorgeous background and die cut is perfect with all the glitter. great colour combo :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous Splashed background for your beautiful glittery die cut deer scene, Susan. TFS your beauty my friend. Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  9. gorgeous and so elegant...
    xx Karen

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a message! I love hearing from you.