A blog devoted to the cards I make in my tiny upstairs space. When my sister stays there, she calls it an "artist's garret". I'm not an artist, but am an enthusiastic cardmaker - hence the title "Cardmaker's Garret".
___________________________________________________________________________________________

Wednesday 20 September 2017

A Tag on a Card

Merry Monday's current challenge is to add a tag to your card using texture, bling, and die cuts.


I had the most perfect tag in my UFO box so I turned it into this card:


I've got texture from my embossing folder background, die cut trees, and bling in the form of glitter all over the trees.

The background on the tag was made with blue and green Lindy's sprays (quite sparkly IRL).  I used my Tim Holtz tree line die, and stamped and heat embossed the sentiment at the bottom.  I went over the trees and the snow line with a Quickie glue pen and sprinkled with glitter. 

Thanks for dropping by today!





Supplies:
Stamps - Rubber Soul sentiment
Ink - ColorBox aqua
Paper - mixed media and white cs
Size - A2
Accessories - SU embossing folder, Die-namics tag die, aqua ribbon, Tim Holtz tree line die, Lindy's blue and green sprays, clear embossing powder



11 comments:

  1. Love your sparkly trees and the sprayed blue background Susan, perfect for the challenge this week. Thanks for sharing at Merry Monday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pretty card with a pretty tag. Love the blue background on your tag and those sparkly trees. Thanks for joining us at Merry Monday Christmas challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG, Susan...Absolutely Gorgeous Glittery Christmas card! I Love your beautiful sky background, die cut and glittery trees and snow bank. TFS your beauty my friend. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So pretty!! Love the texture from the dry embossed background. The turquoise take is such a pretty shade of blue. The trees just sparkle with the glitter. xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your embossing folder compliments your beautiful tag so perfectly, Susan. Now if only you'd share your secret for creating so regularly and coming up with so many different ideas! You really are amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely card! I love all the texture!

    ReplyDelete
  7. A pretty sprayed background and I love the glittery trees, Susan! Great job on this challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love that turquoise colour! Fabulous card and amazing texture. Love it.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a message! I love hearing from you.