A blog devoted to the cards I make in my tiny upstairs space. When my sister stays there, she calls it an "artist's garret". I'm not an artist, but am an enthusiastic cardmaker - hence the title "Cardmaker's Garret".
___________________________________________________________________________________________

Sunday 13 August 2017

Yellow for Christmas

The August challenge from Christmas Cards All Year Round is to use yellow.  I'm entering this card:


I sponged with various dark yellows and yellow-browns to get the background. I stamped the trees in green. The snow is done with chunky white Frantage embossing enamel that I sprinkled over the card and heated from the underside.


Thanks for stopping by.  I'll be back tomorrow with some of the cards I did for SCS Dare to Get Dirty challenges.






Supplies:
Stamps - Tim Holtz trees, Impression Obsession sentiment
Ink - Memento Northern Pine, various Distress inks
Paper - white and mixed media cs
Size - A2
Accessories - Frantage chunky white embossing enamel, Memory Box Christmas star die, fun foam



10 comments:

  1. really pretty, love the yellow and brown blended background and also love the trees :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card Susan. I don't think I've ever seen a yellow Christmas card ... this looks FANTASTIC. Especially love the finishing touch with the chunky frantage. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your beautiful snowy background just Glows, Susan. I love your stamped trees, vertical sentiment and gold stars too. TFS my friend. Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the glow of the background and the pretty snowstorm, Susan!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a different idea to use the yellow for a Christmas card and it looks amazing. Contemporary and gorgeous x

    ReplyDelete
  6. beautiful distressed background, I just love the warm colour in the wintry scene. As always the chunky frantage looks awesome

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this card with the background and those neat trees. What I also love is the glitter! It harks back to the cards from the 50's

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful card! I love your background - the perfect backdrop for your trees! Thanks so much for sharing with us at CCAYR! -Lori DT

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous card!! Thanks so much for participating in our CHRISTMAS CARDS ALL YEAR ‘ROUND challenge. Hope you participate in our next challenge!! Have a happy crafty day!!! *If this comment is late I apologize! I’m having major issues lately trying to leave comments due to the stupid ROBOT silliness!!!
    Deanne at A Little Bit O’ Paper

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a message! I love hearing from you.