A blog devoted to the cards I make in my tiny upstairs space. When my sister stays there, she calls it an "artist's garret". I'm not an artist, but am an enthusiastic cardmaker - hence the title "Cardmaker's Garret".
___________________________________________________________________________________________

Wednesday 16 August 2017

Salted Sky

Time to remind you about the CAS Watercolour challenge that closes on August 24th!


I find the salt technique is perfect for snowy / frosty / wintery looks so went with a Christmas card:


I did a very wet blue watercolour wash and sprinkled with lots of salt, then left it overnight to dry.  After I brushed off the salt, I had a lovely pattern to use for my frosty sky.  I used a simple die cut to lay over it, adding a tiny scrap of gold cs into the house's window.  My sentiment is stamped and heat embossed, and the panel cut out with a stitched die and popped up on fun foam.

Please come and join us with your clean and simple card that uses watercolour and salt!





Supplies:
Stamps - Rubber Soul sentiment
Ink - ColorBox Sapphire Silk
Paper - white cs, watercolour paper, tiny scrap of gold cs
Size - 4.75" square
Accessories - blue watercolour paint, clear embossing powder, Memory Box die, Lil Inker stitched square die



11 comments:

  1. Susan your salted sky makes for a very frosty image. I love the little scene and also love it on a square card.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your frosty snowy salt background, Susan for your die cut wintery scene. Sweet light in the window too:-) TFS my friend. Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  3. That frosty looking sky is just perfect with the pretty scene over the top Susan and the gold card is great for a lighted window effect. A beautiful card. x

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful snowstorm, Susan! Love the tiny house with the golden glow in the window! Such a cozy scene!

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVE that frosty snow sky, Susan. Just the perfect colours of blue and love the bursts which looks like snow falling. Amazing!! And so sweet with this adorable die-cut. xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a gorgeous sky! I love the elgance of this card and the BG makes it so unique!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That salt technique really does lend itself to winter scenes and your card is proof of that. Amazing x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful, Susan. The salt technique created the perfect frosty sky for this super little winter scene. Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great salt results, Susan! Lovely salty sky you created. This snowy scene looks like a snow globe. Hideko

    ReplyDelete
  10. great card...love your results...so peaceful looking.
    xx Karen

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very inspired by your gorgeous card Susan, thanks for your comment. Following you now...
    [aNNie]

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a message! I love hearing from you.