A blog devoted to the cards I make in my tiny upstairs space. When my sister stays there, she calls it an "artist's garret". I'm not an artist, but am an enthusiastic cardmaker - hence the title "Cardmaker's Garret".
___________________________________________________________________________________________

Saturday 5 August 2017

Paws on the Floor

The latest Merry Christmas Challenge is "Animals".  I went with a dog wearing a lovely Christmas scarf with Christmas trees on it:


I watercoloured the dog to keep it paler so that I could have nice contrast with the bright scarf that I coloured with markers. It's bordered with a scrap of dp.

It's also for this week's SCS CAS challenge "Put Your Paws Up".  My young dog, Tessa,  would love the title of this challenge as she's always putting her paws up - up on the kitchen counter to investigate the good smells when I'm cooking, jumping up on people to greet them, etc.! So I gave my card the title "Paws on the Floor" as I'm always telling her to keep her paws on the floor. The pup on my card has its paws nicely on the floor!

For those of you who saw last year's photos of Tessa when she was a young puppy might like to see her now that she's a year old.  Here she is when she's not putting her paws up on things, but sitting very regally on the footstool:


Believe me, she's not often this still - she is full of energy and loves to play and go for long walks!





Supplies:
Stamps - Penny Black
Ink - Memento Tuxedo Black
Paper - white cs, unknown dp
Size - 4.75" square
Accessories - watercolour paints, markers



10 comments:

  1. Super cute!!! Thank you for joining us at TMCC, good luck!!! Amy DT

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adorable card Susan. That puppy is so darn cute ... love the Christmas scarf.

    Look at Tessa all calm and laid back. You caught her at a rare moment. :) Not only does she put her paws up ... be she dances along on her back feet. She's so dainty and elegant when she does that. I think it's adorable, but I know that it means that she is not listening to you. :) Tessa is beautiful. Looks happy and healthy and content. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so cute, and adorable dog! Thanks for sharing at The Merry Christmas Challenge.
    ~Owner/DT Janis

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your dog image is so fun, Susan and love the wonderful framing of this. I always love your use of designer papers- so perfectly matched to your artwork. What a beautiful dog Tessa is too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love how you've colored your dog! Great variations of color and a great contrast with that wonderful Christmas scarf! Tessa is so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your Doggie in the Window..whoops, Scarf looks so pleased all dressed up for the holidays. TFS your fun card and regal photo of Tessa. TFS my friend. P.S. I loved meeting Will and Tessa IRL at our Retreat in May. They are such soft and beautiful English Cockers. Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  7. so cute, I love your doggie stamps, great watercolouring with the mottle colour effect. Tess is such a sweetie. I hope we can take Tess and Tika for a walk soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a nice Christmas doggie with his paws on the floor! It's so super cute, Susan! And thanks for sharing the updated photo of Tessa in a rare quiet moment!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous card, love your doggie stamp! Tessa is beautiful! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great image and colouring. So cute, Susan! Tessa too! 😉 Enjoy your Sunday.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a message! I love hearing from you.