A blog devoted to the cards I make in my tiny upstairs space. When my sister stays there, she calls it an "artist's garret". I'm not an artist, but am an enthusiastic cardmaker - hence the title "Cardmaker's Garret".
___________________________________________________________________________________________

Tuesday 22 August 2017

Friends

The current Addicted to CAS challenge is:


I'm in the mood to make Christmas cards so pulled out one of my favourite Christmas images for this card:


Don't these two horses look like the best of friends?  I ride and volunteer with therapeutic riding so I've definitely noticed how some horses have a real bond with each other.  And they are herd animals so definitely have to have other horses around for company.

It's a nice quick card - stamped in black with just the Santa hats coloured and a bit of glitter added to the snow on the fence and the hat brims and pompom.  It's cut with an oval and mounted on an embossed background for texture.

Thanks for dropping by!





Supplies:
Stamps - Impression Obsession Santa Horses
Ink - Ranger Archival Jet Black
Paper - white cs
Size - A2
Accessories - red marker, Spellbinders oval, CB snow embossing folder,



12 comments:

  1. Such a sweet Christmas card of "Friends"! One of your horse friends would LOVE your beauty for Christmas, Susan. TFS my friend. Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just adore this card, so cute and perfect for horsey friends :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an impactful card, Susan! I don't believe I've ever seen that image before and I just love how you have showcased it!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  4. An adorable card Susan, beautifully designed and coloured.x
    [aNNie]

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's a beautiful image so no wonder it's one of your favourites, Susan. Very classic done in black and white with a touch of red. xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a clever take on the friends challenge and yes they do look like best pals x Gorgeous card x

    ReplyDelete
  7. They definitely look like friends! Love this image and how you've presented it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful! Great take on the friends code word!
    Thanks for joining us at Addicted to CAS.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is such a beautiful card, Susan! I've had my eye on that stamp for quite a while and love how you left it black and white with just a touch of red in the hats. Love the framing of this too.

    ReplyDelete
  10. WOW Susan this is such a beautiful image and you have showcased it so beautifully . I am glad I caught your name while paying visits to some of my blogger pals and dropped by to visit you
    Cheers
    Dr Sonia

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love this horse image as well! Beautifully done in the white black - with the red hats and snowy brims! Julia xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Susan, your image is gorgeous and I love how you left it with limited color. Wonderful CAS card. and I agree, horses really do need to be with other horses and I have seen them nuzzle just like this. So glad you joined us at ATCAS this week
    Jaydee

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a message! I love hearing from you.