A blog devoted to the cards I make in my tiny upstairs space. When my sister stays there, she calls it an "artist's garret". I'm not an artist, but am an enthusiastic cardmaker - hence the title "Cardmaker's Garret".
___________________________________________________________________________________________

Monday 28 August 2017

Bubble Wrap for Christine

My friend Christine of It's a Card Day's Night was chosen as SCS's Featured Stamper this week.  Known as "calex" on SCS, she has a wonderful gallery showcasing her often innovative mixed media style.

I chose this card of hers for my inspiration, and made this card: 


I wanted to try using bubble wrap for a background the way Christine did. I used silver ink on the bubble wrap and then pressed my cs down onto it. I liked the look of it so left it plain, except for stamping and heat embossing a sentiment on it.

I added two layers of a die cut, with the top layer done in silver cs, and then bordered it with the same silver cs. Popped it up on fun foam and it was done.

Congratulations, Christine!





Supplies:
Stamps - Rubber Soul sentiment
Ink - Versafine Smokey Grey, Delicata silver
Paper - white cs, silver glitter cs
Size - A2
Accessories - bubble wrap, Poppy Stamps snowflake die, fun foam



5 comments:

  1. lovely card...I so wish I had time to play this wk but with everything going on and me being back to work, there is just no time...grrr...
    xx Karen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Susan, thanks for playing along with Featured stamper this week. I love your snowflake card, isn't bubble wrap fun to play with :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your CAS silver bubble wrap background and die cut snowflake die with your silver and white color combo. So pretty and sparkly. TFS Susan. Hugs..

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a great idea and so effective...will be giving this technique a go x

    ReplyDelete
  5. This made such an interesting background, Susan! It's perfect for the glitter frame and snowflake swish!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a message! I love hearing from you.