A blog devoted to the cards I make in my tiny upstairs space. When my sister stays there, she calls it an "artist's garret". I'm not an artist, but am an enthusiastic cardmaker - hence the title "Cardmaker's Garret".
___________________________________________________________________________________________

Thursday 25 May 2017

Mistletoe Kisses

I've been so busy with gardening lately that I haven't played along with one of my favourite Christmas card challenges - Merry Monday.  I finally had time to get a card made for this week's challenge.

I had my stencils and embossing paste out so decided to use my small Dreamweaver mistletoe stencil - haven't used it for years!


On mixed media cs, I went over the stencil with white embossing paste and then while the paste was still wet, carefully added glitter just to the mistletoe berries.  My trick for adding loose glitter to small areas is to cut a sharp diagonal point on a drinking straw and use that as a tiny scoop for the glitter.

When the rest of the paste was dry, I put the stencil back on and went over the paste with Distress markers.  With a damp paint brush, I pulled out a bit of the Wild Honey I used on the border part of the image to add some shading in the centre area.

I had some decorative paper that went perfectly so created a border with it.  And I had the perfect sentiment for the challenge too!

Now back to gardening!!





Supplies:
Stamps - Penny Black sentiment
Ink - Ranger Library Green
Paper - cream cs, mixed media cs, SEI dp
Size - A2
Accessories - Dreamweaver mistletoe stencil, Dreamweaver white embossing paste, glitter, Distress markers, fun foam



8 comments:

  1. The sentiment is perfect and so is the paper! Love the texture and sparkle of the mistletoe!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your stencil image is so sweet and really pops with your embossing paste. Love your DSP behind your image too. TFS Susan. Hugs...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sweet! Love the embossing paste mistletoe. So pretty with the different colours and so much dimension. Great patterned paper for the background. xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fabulous technique, Susan! How creative this is. I absolutely love that your papers match your image so perfectly!

    ReplyDelete
  5. An interesting technique for making a card - a great mistletoe and a sensational effect :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. love the texture on the mistletoe with your technique :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. A lovely design with the paste through the stencil Susan!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a message! I love hearing from you.