A blog devoted to the cards I make in my tiny upstairs space. When my sister stays there, she calls it an "artist's garret". I'm not an artist, but am an enthusiastic cardmaker - hence the title "Cardmaker's Garret".
___________________________________________________________________________________________

Wednesday 22 March 2017

Smooshed Acrylics with a Prim Poppy

Here's a card made with another one of my background pieces I made at Loll's the other day when we smooshed up all the leftover acrylic paint.


I made it for the SCS Color Challenge (Marina Mist, Crushed Curry, Wild Wasabi).  I don't have SU colours but got something very close with the blue, green, and yellow acrylic paints, spritzed with water and smooshed onto coated cs.

I added a die cut flower (cut twice and stuck together for more dimension) and a blue, a green, and a yellow sequin. It's popped up on fun foam. The sentiment is stamped with a Kaleidacolor ink pad.

Since it's smooshed, has some stamping, and one other thing of my choice (the poppy die cut), I'm linking it up at CAS Mix Up's smooshing challenge.


You have just two more days to enter - it closes on March 24th.





Supplies:
Stamps - Peddler's Pack sentiment
Ink - Kaleidacolor Caribbean Sea
Paper - white and coated cs
Size - A2
Accessories - blue, green, and yellow acrylic paints; Memory Box Prim Poppy die; blue, green, and yellow sequins; fun foam



6 comments:

  1. LOVE this smooshed piece Susan!! We got some great ones using our leftover inks. :) Love the you've used the same colours in the sentiment. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. What gorgeous Spring colours, great background and love the white poppy die against it x

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG Susan, I Love your beautiful Spring colors and the texture you created with your acrylic smooshed background :-) Gorgeous background for your white die cut flowers. TFS my friend. HUgs..

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love, love, love these colors together, Susan! What a pretty piece of smoosh and your poppies are perfect on it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, this is bright and happy, just ready for spring. That little tinge of blue is perfectly dosed. Beautiful card Susan! xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. beautiful results...love the fresh, spring colours you used. You are so lucky to have crafting friends to get together with. Looks like you had such a productive day!!
    xx Karen

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a message! I love hearing from you.