A blog devoted to the cards I make in my tiny upstairs space. When my sister stays there, she calls it an "artist's garret". I'm not an artist, but am an enthusiastic cardmaker - hence the title "Cardmaker's Garret".
___________________________________________________________________________________________

Sunday 26 February 2017

My Favourite Christmas Stamps

This week's Ways to Use It challenge at SCS is "It's My Favorite" - use your favourite stamp on your card.  Since Christmas cards are my favourite kind of cards to make, it seemed logical that my favourite stamp would be a Christmas one.   The problem is I have two favourite Christmas stamps - in fact they are so beloved that I actually bought a second one of each of them just in case something happened to them!

First up is Stampendous's "Snowy Postcard":


I stamped it twice - once in Archival ink for the outer frame because I was sponging it with Distress inks, and once in Memento ink for the inner image because I wasn't sure if blending with Gamsol was okay with Archival ink or if the Gamsol would make the Archival ink run (if anyone knows, please leave me a comment letting me know).

I sponged the frame in Distress inks, coloured the circle with a gold pencil, and coloured the holly with Distress markers, adding Glossy Accents to the berries. Then I fussy cut the inner image away and discarded it.

For the image, I coloured the Memento stamped piece with coloured pencils and blended with Gamsol. I then set it behind the frame and mounted on a white card base.

Using a Quickie glue pen, I went over all the snowy areas in the image and added a clear white glitter a local craft shop called "white snow glitter" (no brand name). I applied the glue thicker in some areas so that it wouldn't look totally flat.  Here's a close-up of the glitter:



My other favourite Christmas stamp is Impression Obsession's "Santa Horses".  It makes for a very quick CAS card.  I always make several to put in my fundraiser card sale in November to raise money for the therapeutic riding stable where I volunteer.  Here are two variations:

This one is simply stamped, with the hats coloured red and some tinsel glitter added to them, and some regular glitter added to the top of the fence. I die cut the panel with a stitched rectangle and bordered with black.
 

Again simply stamped with the hats coloured in red and regular glitter applied to the hats and fence.  I used a Nesties label die and popped it up on fun foam for dimension.

Three more for my stash - hooray!





Supplies for card 1:
Stamps - Stampendous "Snowy Postcard"
Ink - Ranger Archival Jet Black, Memento Tuxedo Black, Distress Antique Linen and Brushed Corduroy
Paper - white cs
Size - A2
Accessories - coloured pencils, Gamsol, green and red Distress markers, white snow glitter, Quickie glue pen, Glossy Accents 

Supplies for cards 2 & 3:
Stamps - Impression Obsession "Santa Horses"
Ink - Ranger Archival Jet Black
Paper - white and black cs
Size - A2
Accessories - red marker, Quickie glue pen, tinsel glitter, regular glitter, Lil Inkers stitched rectangle, Nesties label die, fun foam




5 comments:

  1. Very nice! I like the way your snow. Both images have such great detail.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice! I like the way your snow. Both images have such great detail.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful snowy dimension, Susan! I love your vintage postcard and the snowdrifts, and the tinsel glitter on the horses hats is so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  4. love the postcard stamp, it's also one of my favorites, Susan you've given it so much depth by layering it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That postcard stamp is really beautiful Susan. Love the colours you've used, and the snow has lots of dimension ... great job. Your second stamp is also beautiful. The perfect Christmas card for horse-lovers. Both versions are wonderfully CAS which lets the image be the STAR (pun intended). :) xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a message! I love hearing from you.