A blog devoted to the cards I make in my tiny upstairs space. When my sister stays there, she calls it an "artist's garret". I'm not an artist, but am an enthusiastic cardmaker - hence the title "Cardmaker's Garret".
___________________________________________________________________________________________

Sunday 19 February 2017

Inspired Wooden Snowflake

I made this card for two challenges - Addicted to CAS "Code Word: Wood" and SCS Inspiration Challenge (to choose something from a great Pinterest board called Details: Ribbons & Bows).  I chose this image:

and created this card:


I used embossing paste on kraft cs using a small section of a Tim Holtz stencil. When dry, I wrapped linen thread around it, tying a bow and attached a wooden snowflake that I'd darkened with metallic rub-ons.

I popped the panel up on fun foam and added a sentiment die cut out of the same kraft cs. I kept it at just the word "Greetings" as "Season's Greetings" and "Merry Christmas" were both too long and bulky for my focal panel.

I think it would make a great masculine Christmas or winter greetings card.






Supplies:
Paper - kraft and white cs
Size - A2
Accessories - Tim Holtz stencil, Dreamweaver white embossing paste, SU wooden snowflake, metallic rub-ons, Tattered Lace greetings die, SU linen thread, fun foam



8 comments:

  1. Oh, what a pretty package! And your card is just as pretty! I love how you did the mesh!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how you used the photo as your inspiration, Susan. A great holiday or Winter guy card my friend. I love how you added the rub on to darken your snowflake too. TFS Hugs..

    ReplyDelete
  3. awesome take on the inspiration, love the CAS design

    ReplyDelete
  4. what a wonderful design based on the inspiration photo Susan! Love the stenciled mesh panel and pretty snowflake! Julia xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a beauty, the embossing paste over the kraft card stock was the perfect choice, all wrapped up with a snowfake.
    Again, beautiful xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. love, love this!!! just a fab card mf.
    xx Karen

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOVE this card Susan! Great inspiration photo and love how you've captured the beauty of the package with the embossing paste background, twine and sweet wooden snowflake. xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a adorable card Susan.. Thanks for joining us at ATCAS!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a message! I love hearing from you.