A blog devoted to the cards I make in my tiny upstairs space. When my sister stays there, she calls it an "artist's garret". I'm not an artist, but am an enthusiastic cardmaker - hence the title "Cardmaker's Garret".
___________________________________________________________________________________________

Sunday 5 February 2017

Five Pups, Five Snowflakes

Merry Monday challenged us to use five of something on our card.



I went with five puppies and five snowflakes:



I love those five happy dogs in their Santa hats.  I coloured them with coloured pencils and fussy cut the top edge of them.  I taped the bottom part to the blue dp but put foam tape behind the dogs' heads to give a bit of dimension.

I stamped the sentiment with a lower case alphabet set, not worrying if the letters were lined up - it's the dogs' greeting after all and they wouldn't be very good at stamping!

The snowflakes weren't part of my original plan but I decided I needed something at the top of the card - so had to go with five!

A fun challenge!  Thanks to Merry Monday.




Supplies:
Stamps - Penny Black dogs, unknown old set of alphabet letters
Ink - Memento Tuxedo Black
Paper - white cs, Paper Pizazz dp
Size - A2
Accessories - coloured pencils, foam tape



6 comments:

  1. This is a fun take on the challenge, Susan! Love those puppies and the dimension! The snowflakes balance it out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh this is just too adorable. Thanks for joining us this week at Merry Monday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a cute 5 pups and snowflakes card Susan. Your coloring and dimensions look great. TFS my friend. Hugs..

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so adorable!! I LOVE how the dogs stamped the sentiment :) You are so funny!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a cute idea and I love how you colored your puppies! Thanks for playing Merry Monday with us!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a sweet card. It is so playful and fun just like the pups, and sticking with "5" throughout the card is perfect. You did a super job with coloring and cutting. pjs-projects.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a message! I love hearing from you.