A blog devoted to the cards I make in my tiny upstairs space. When my sister stays there, she calls it an "artist's garret". I'm not an artist, but am an enthusiastic cardmaker - hence the title "Cardmaker's Garret".
___________________________________________________________________________________________

Tuesday 29 November 2016

More Christmas Trees

This week's SCS CAS challenge is "Christmas Foliage".  They wanted to see holly, mistletoe, wreaths, trees, etc.  Here's the card I made:


I took various green Distress inks and tapped some on my craft sheet, spritzed them with water, and smooshed my white cs in it. When dry, I die cut the pine tree - once out of the green smooshed piece and twice out of scraps of cs, then layered them together for more substance.

I used an embossing folder to create the background, stamped the sentiment between some of the raised bits, and used green cs for the base.

And the recent SCS Free for All challenge is "Christmas Critters".  I went with a sweet little dog, trimming a tree:


I coloured with Copics and added Glossy Accents to the ornaments.  I bordered with dark green, die cut with a deckled edge.

Thanks for dropping by!





Supplies:
Stamps - Rosie's Roadshow sentiment (1st card); Penny Black (2nd card)
Ink - Memento Bamboo Leaves, various green Distress inks (1st card);
Memento Tuxedo Black (2nd card)
Paper - white and green cs (1st card); red, green, and white cs (2nd card)
Size - A2
Accessories - Tim Holtz pine tree die, SU embossing folder (1st card); copics, Nesties deckled rectangle, Glossy Accents (2nd card)



6 comments:

  1. I love your gorgeous Distress Inks die cut tree card and your sweet puppy love Christmas tree scene. TFS Susan...hugs, nancy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful inking on your tree and the embossed background looks great with this. Love your adorable puppy with the pretty tree.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Two more fantastic Christmas cards, Susan! Love that tree and the sweet puppy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. We were on the same page, Susan, and I love your beautiful tree cards, too! One is delightfully ultra-modern and the other is delightfully classic! (Doesn't that doggie look like he would look if the stamp artist had drawn a bone at the top of that tree?, lol!) Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  5. love the tree embossing looks so cool with the beautiful distressed die cut

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your smooshed tree looks so pretty against the dry embossed tree background. Great design Susan. And the doggie is ADORABLE! It just brings a smile to my face. :) xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a message! I love hearing from you.