A blog devoted to the cards I make in my tiny upstairs space. When my sister stays there, she calls it an "artist's garret". I'm not an artist, but am an enthusiastic cardmaker - hence the title "Cardmaker's Garret".
___________________________________________________________________________________________

Thursday 20 October 2016

Christmas with a Bit of Orange

The October challenge at Christmas Cards All Year Round is "use a little or a lot of orange on your Holiday project".

Here's my entry:


I dropped bits of red, orange, yellow, and green alcohol inks onto Yupo paper, and then added a bit of silver mixative.

I die cut "merry" out of silver cs and twice more out of scrap cs, gluing them together to give dimension, then added a matching border, and stamped and heat embossed "Christmas" underneath.

It was hard to photograph - there is actually a bit more silver in the background than it seems as some of it photographed as if it were just grey.






Supplies:
Stamps - SU Christmas
Ink - ColorBox silver, various alcohol inks
Paper - white and silver cs, Yupo
Size - A2
Accessories - silver mixative, silver embossing powder, PTI "merry" die



12 comments:

  1. This makes me want to get finished with classes so I can play with those alcohol inks! A beautiful panel! A bit unexpected that makes it more fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So pretty!! Love the orange on a Christmas card ... unexpected, but oh-so beautiful. Great job with dropping AI's onto yupo. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Replies
    1. Here's an excellent definition of Yupo:

      https://www.simonsaysstamp.com/product/Yupo-WHITE-WATERCOLOR-5x7-Paper-Pad-434288-434288Y?currency=USD

      Delete
  4. super cool card mf...very festive!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous Alcohol Inks background for your bit of orange Christmas card Susan. I love how your silver sentiment and layer brought out the silver mixative in your background. Really stunning card Susan. TFS Hugs, nancy

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is stunning! I love the vivid, colorful background with the touch of silver!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Okay, WOW, between you and Lolly, I have GOT to get my Yupo paper out and give this a whirl! This is mind-blowing, Susan!! I have the metallic mixatives, too, and wasn't sure what to do with them, so thank you!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  8. A fabulous card and great colours. Thank you for sharing with us at Christmas Cards All Year Round.
    Kath x

    ReplyDelete
  9. FABulous background and Christmas card..
    Thank you so much for sharing and joining in with us at CCAYR...

    Luv CHRISSYxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great card!

    Thanks for joining us at Christmas Cards All Year Round.

    Helen x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a message! I love hearing from you.