A blog devoted to the cards I make in my tiny upstairs space. When my sister stays there, she calls it an "artist's garret". I'm not an artist, but am an enthusiastic cardmaker - hence the title "Cardmaker's Garret".
___________________________________________________________________________________________

Monday 3 October 2016

Autumn Watercolour

Loll Thompson and Bonnie Klass have started a fabulous new challenge - CAS Watercolour.  Each month will have a theme or occasionally, a specific technique.  For October, it is Autumn.


I took my French Foliage stamp set and decided to watercolour right onto the stamp with Brushos.


I sprinkled some red, yellow, brown, and orange Brushos onto my craft sheet and spritzed them with water.  Then using a paint brush, I added the colour to the stamp, and stamped onto watercolour paper.  I was using my MISTI so if I didn't get enough coverage, I was able to add more colour and restamp.

Once the Brushos were dry, I inked up the stamps directly with brown ink and overstamped the watercoloured images.  I added a sentiment and some splats, and then popped the panel up on fun foam.

This version is my second attempt.  The first attempt ended up with Brushos flowing all around the images - I put way too much water / Brusho mixture onto the stamps.  So the trick is to go light on the water / Brusho mixture the first time and know that you can go back again if you're using the MISTI.

If you feel like celebrating autumn with some kind of watercolour technique, you have until October 24th to link your cards up at CAS Watercolour.





Supplies:
Stamps - SU French Foliage leaves, unknown sentiment
Ink - Archival Potting Soil, Distress Antique Linen
Paper - PTI Vintage Cream, watercolour paper
Size - A2
Accessories - Brushos, fun foam



4 comments:

  1. I Love how you watercolored your leaves with your Brushos, Susan. Such beautiful Fall colors and CAS design my friend. French Foliage is still one of my top favorite stamp sets. TFS...hugs, nancy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really beautiful colours Susan. LOVE the idea of adding the wet brushos with a paint brush directly to stamp. Have not tried that. I think it would give a lot more control. Thanks for the tip!! Thanks for sharing with us at CAS Watercolour. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love these bright leaves, Susan! I've never inked with Brushos. Thanks for the tips because I want to try this! Thanks so much for sharing this with us at CAS Watercolour!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for explaining the steps you used to make this fabulous card! I love Fall and it is so much fun to see beautiful leaves and try to capture the magic with ink and paper! Love your card and work! Can't wait to try my hand at Brusho and MISTI...so inspiring!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a message! I love hearing from you.