A blog devoted to the cards I make in my tiny upstairs space. When my sister stays there, she calls it an "artist's garret". I'm not an artist, but am an enthusiastic cardmaker - hence the title "Cardmaker's Garret".
___________________________________________________________________________________________

Sunday 11 September 2016

Gold, Black, and White for Merry Monday

One of my favourite challenges is the Merry Monday Christmas Card Challenge.  After a break for the summer, they are back with a new challenge.

I recently picked up a couple of older Penny Black stamps in a sale and this was a good opportunity to use one of them.  It seemed to suit being stamped and heat embossed in gold:


I added a heat embossed sentiment in black, die cut it and a black border with stitched square dies, and added 3 black gemstones to the bottom corner for balance.

Thanks, Merry Monday, for all of your great challenges!







Supplies:
Stamps - Penny Black image, Wordsworth sentiment
Ink - ColorBox gold, Versafine Onyx Black
Paper - white and black cs
Size - 4.75" square
Accessories - gold and clear embossing powders, Lil Inkers stitched square dies, black gemstones



4 comments:

  1. I love this simple embossed design and the black sentiment and gems add the perfect balance! Glad you shared this with us at Merry Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pretty! I like how you did yours.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pretty! I like how you did yours.

    ReplyDelete
  4. CAS Elegance Susan. I love your gold heat embossed image with your black and white framing. TFS my friend. Hugs, Nancy

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a message! I love hearing from you.