A blog devoted to the cards I make in my tiny upstairs space. When my sister stays there, she calls it an "artist's garret". I'm not an artist, but am an enthusiastic cardmaker - hence the title "Cardmaker's Garret".
___________________________________________________________________________________________

Saturday 27 August 2016

Keep on Playing

I'm a sucker for great sentiment stamps.  And I'm ashamed to say I have too many of them, and many of them have yet to be inked up.

So Darnell's NBUS Challenge (Never Before Used Stuff) is the perfect prompt to get one out.  I love  what this Tim Holtz sentiment says - and I'm inclined to agree with it!


This week's SCS CAS Challenge is Sunshine or Rainbows.  I went with a rainbow as I thought the sentiment would look great against all those bright playful colours.

I made my rainbow with simple swipes of copic markers. Then stamped and heat embossed the sentiment on top of the rainbow. Bordered with black cs and added a rainbow of little flower sequins.






Supplies:
Stamps - Tim Holtz sentiment
Ink - Versafine Onyx Black
Paper - white and black cs
Size - A2
Accessories - copic markers, clear embossing powder, flower sequins



5 comments:

  1. Awesome design Susan. Love the bright rainbow background. And that IS a great sentiment! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a wonderful sentiment and what a gorgeous rainbow! Hope to see this sentiment again!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I Love your colorful rainbow swipes for your awesome sentiment. Your sentiment is so true. TFS Susan. Hugs, nancy

    ReplyDelete
  4. oooo, I love that sentiment. The rainbow colours are amazing. Great card, my friend xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. love this Susan...looks fab!
    hugs,
    Karen

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a message! I love hearing from you.