A blog devoted to the cards I make in my tiny upstairs space. When my sister stays there, she calls it an "artist's garret". I'm not an artist, but am an enthusiastic cardmaker - hence the title "Cardmaker's Garret".
___________________________________________________________________________________________

Monday 4 April 2016

Stenciling for CAS Mix-Up

The April challenge at CAS Mix-Up is stamping, stenciling, and your choice of at least one other thing.


My choice is embossing paste.  Here's my entry:


I stamped my image and sentiment, and then laid a homemade stencil of raindrops (made for me by Loll Thompson) over top. I inked the stencil first with Memento Sky Blue but it was too blue and too pale, so went over it with Distress Stormy Sky and ended up with a colour I liked. With the stencil still in place, I went over it with clear glossy embossing paste. I coloured the puddles in with a bit of Stormy Sky.

I rarely (more like, never) do one layer cards - I find them incredibly hard but I also made this for the SCS Try a New Technique challenge "Hellos and Goodbyes on a One Layer Card".  I actually feel like I managed to pull off a decent one layer card!!!

It's also for the SCS CAS challenge "April Showers" and the Dragonfly Journeys challenge "April Showers / Umbrellas / Rain".






Supplies:

Stamps: Deep Red woman, PTI sentiment
Paper: white cs
Paper Size: A2
Ink: Ranger Archival Jet Black, Distress Stormy Sky, Memento Sky Blue
Accessories: homemade stencil, clear glossy embossing paste

9 comments:

  1. This is so pretty Susan. The glossy embossing gel over the blue really adds lots of shine. Great image! Thanks for sharing with us at CAS Mix Up! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the depth and creativity you achieved Susan on your one layer card. In fact, until I read your description I did not even notice it was only one layer. My hardest style! TFS my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I see that I need some translucent embossing paste! What perfect rain! Love the image and I'm with you on one layer cards. I usually end up cutting them down and making them 2 or more layers! Thanks so much for sharing this with us at CAS Mix Up!

    ReplyDelete
  4. the texture of your rain looks fabulous Susan

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great stamp and wonderful raindrops!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Susan! I just love, love, love that stamp and all of the wonderful raindrops. Thanks so much for joining my challenge this week :)

    Jeannie T.
    Dragonfly Journeys

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really like this card... That lady stamp is so cool, and you did the rain just right. Loll deserves a sweet thank you: I love crafty friends :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the shine on your raindrops! The overall design of your card is fantastic!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a message! I love hearing from you.