A blog devoted to the cards I make in my tiny upstairs space. When my sister stays there, she calls it an "artist's garret". I'm not an artist, but am an enthusiastic cardmaker - hence the title "Cardmaker's Garret".
___________________________________________________________________________________________

Thursday 21 April 2016

Pearl Ex Holly

This week's 52 Christmas Card Challenge is "Christmas Foliage".  I went with holly.


I used a Penny Black holly stencil with texture paste on black cs and sprinkled interference green Pearl Ex on the embossing paste while still wet.  I like the variegation in colour it gave.  I want to try other colours of Pearl Ex on embossing paste.

I trimmed down the panel and bordered it with pale green shimmer paper, and put it on a white shimmer card base.

Red glitter dome embellishments finish it off.

Another one ready for Christmas!





Supplies:  Penny Black stencil, embossing paste, Pearl Ex powder, red glitter dome embellishments, white and pale green shimmer cs, black cs



7 comments:

  1. So pretty. The pearl ex powder really shines. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, lots of shimmer here! :) That's a great stencil. Thanks for sharing your card with us at 52CCT.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card! I love the foliage against the black background. So striking! Thanks for joining us at 52CCT, April x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I absolutely love this card - the shine and shimmer is fabulous. Such a good way to use a stencil too. Thanks so much for playing along with 52CCT this week. Deborah, DT.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Très belle et si originale cette carte Susan, joli effet métallisé, merci de jouer avec nous chez 52cct, biz

    ReplyDelete
  6. I wonder if Perfect Pearls would work as well on embossing paste? This sure is pretty!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bonnie, that's an interesting question. I have both Pearl Ex and Perfect Pearls so I might do a little experiment! I'll let you know.

      Delete

Thanks for leaving me a message! I love hearing from you.