A blog devoted to the cards I make in my tiny upstairs space. When my sister stays there, she calls it an "artist's garret". I'm not an artist, but am an enthusiastic cardmaker - hence the title "Cardmaker's Garret".
___________________________________________________________________________________________

Friday 15 April 2016

Inked and Spritzed Background

Today's SCS Free for All challenge is "Happy Birthday" (to make a birthday card). I made this one for my friend, Gerald.


I made the background by patting Broken China and Faded Jeans on the centre of a rectangular acrylic block and then Brushed Corduroy around the edges (love the Distress mini ink pads for things like this!). Then I spritzed with water and pressed in on my cs. I let it air dry.

I inked up a large text stamp with Brushed Corduroy and randomly wiped off parts of the ink, and stamped on top of the background. Then stamped the plant and sentiment in dark green ink and heat embossed with clear ep.

No puppy pictures today but I'll definitely be posting more in the future!







Supplies:

Stamps: Impression Obsession plant, Inkadinkado text, A Muse sentiment
Paper: cream and dark green cs
Paper Size: A2
Ink: Versafine Olympia Green; Distress Brushed Corduroy, Broken China, and Faded Jeans
Accessories: clear embossing powder, Nesties rectangles



3 comments:

  1. A perfect masculine card, Susan! I love the background colors with the script randomly stamped! So perfect with the flowers but not too fussy! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your acrylic block inked and stamped background is beautiful Susan. Love how you added several layers of stamping, sponging and neutral colors. TFS my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautifully done Susan. Great idea to use the acrylic block. Now I need to get some minis so I can do this too! :) Gorgeous card that Gerald will love. xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a message! I love hearing from you.