A blog devoted to the cards I make in my tiny upstairs space. When my sister stays there, she calls it an "artist's garret". I'm not an artist, but am an enthusiastic cardmaker - hence the title "Cardmaker's Garret".
___________________________________________________________________________________________

Friday 25 March 2016

Mixed Media with Copper Tree

When I was at Loll Thompson's house recently, she generously shared her wonderful copper technique and supplies with us.  One of the pieces I made was the heated copper tree that I've used on this card for The Mixed Media Card Challenge "Trees":


My media are sprays, embossing paste, copper, ink, and embossing powder.

The copper was die cut with a Sissix die (the heavier duty dies are best with the copper) and then it was heated to get the colour variation you see.  I die cut two more trees out of scrap cs and glued the three together to raise it off the background a bit more.

The background is a piece of mixed media cs sprayed with various blue and green spray.  When dry, I used a star stencil and gold embossing paste on the blue part.  I stamped and heat embossed the sentiment and added the tree.  The whole panel is popped up off the card base with a piece of fun foam.

Thanks for dropping by!









Supplies:
Stamps -
Ink -
Paper -
Size -
Accessories -



4 comments:

  1. You got amazing colors with this copper! What a beautiful setting for this gorgeous tree!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW!! Gorgeous colours from your expert heating of the copper Susan. This tree is AWESOME! And I love it on that beautiful sprayed background. The gold stars are perfect. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely Stunning Copper tree and washed background Susan. I love how you added the stars too. TFS my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. a fabulous card!!! love the tree and the colors!! thanks for joining in with us at MMCC this month!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a message! I love hearing from you.