A blog devoted to the cards I make in my tiny upstairs space. When my sister stays there, she calls it an "artist's garret". I'm not an artist, but am an enthusiastic cardmaker - hence the title "Cardmaker's Garret".
___________________________________________________________________________________________

Wednesday 16 March 2016

Bird and Blossom for CAS Mix-up

I just can't get enough of Loll's and Bonnie's new challenge, CAS Mix-Up.  It perfectly suits my style and interests!  The March challenge is stamping, watercolouring, and your choice.


Sponging my stencil with my Distress inks is my choice of another medium this time.


I used a stamp I'd never inked up before. I stamped it on a scrap of watercolour paper, painted it with watercolour paints, and fussy cut it.

The background is a Tim Holtz stencil, sponged with pink and green Distress inks. It's popped up on the card base with fun foam and the nest is popped up on the background with pieces of foam tape. 

You've got until March 24th if you want to join in with the CAS Mix-Up challenge.

I also did the card for this week's SCS CAS challenge - "Spring Critters".


 

Stamps: B-Line Designs bird, PTI sentiment
Paper: white cs, watercolour cs
Paper Size: 5.25" square
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Distress Peeled Paint and Spun Sugar
Accessories: Gansai Tambi watercolour paints, foam tape, fun foam, Tim Holtz blossom stencil

3 comments:

  1. This is so soft and delicate, Susan. Gorgeous spring colours for your sponged and stenciled backdrop. And what a gorgeous image ... perfectly watercoloured. LOVE! Thanks for sharing at CAS Mix Up! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous watercolored bird and best image Susan. I love your watercolored stenciled background too. So Soft and pretty. TFS my friend. Hugs, Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is amazing, Susan! The soft stenciled flowers in the background are so pretty with that fantastic bird's nest! A beautiful CAS Mix Up card! We're so glad you can't stop making cards for this challenge! Keep 'em coming!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a message! I love hearing from you.